Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Books | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: CLOSERS!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:17 pm 

ahem ivor???? think you should question your own intelligence and get a SPELLCHECK!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:30 pm 

To the moderator:

I resent being sold to in this way. Can this thread be removed, please?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:52 am 

At the risk of being contencious here, I think that they just posted a recruitment advert here. :D

Timeshare is not sold anymore due to the very strict legislation, packs and memberships have indeed taken over and yes some (not all) are dubious.

I would think that lanza folk would welcome the local salesmen and women, (of which there are many) being lured to another island! especially in light of the angry coments posted as a result of the advert. There arent any active direct sales organisations doing any kind of selling here anymore to the best of my knowledge.

On a quiet note, many of the legitimate ex pat businesses here are run by and were set up using money made from timeshare 15 or 20 years ago.
I think its very easy to leap in and comment on these enterprises, but not all of them are total rubbish, and not all of them are rip off merchants. Those who are deserve to be taken to the cleaners, absolutely - but lets not hang draw and quarter these people unless we know they are scamming eh??

Meantime people looking for work might actually be glad that the post went out. If they are offering a contract (absolutely unheard of in the bad old days of timeshare) then I would presume they operating legitimately plus, to be able to offer any kind of volume of accommodation for any length of time again must mean they have a complex or two on side, would hotelliers neccessarily get involved in a scam? doubtful.

Like any industry there are good and bad, and whilst I have reservations personally about the vailidity of many of the packages sold out there you cant just rubbish a company for posting a job advert guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:57 am 

But I do agree with the barclays comment ole, they are a BAD bank.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:40 am 

Yes fair points Clohdee, I did feel a mite guilty slagging off Ivor, but it pretty soon wore off.
It’s a slightly iffy post in any case on a Lanzarote site, just a blunt advert with nothing to do with Lanzarote. Add to that the user name (and it being first post) and then bragging about salary and then slagging off the forum itself and it got up my nose sufficiently.
Yes maybe someone might be happy to take up the opportunity etc etc, but this is one back in the face for all the $h*t we’ve all had to put up with over the years.

And yes you’re right about decent schemes, that’s part of the problem because timeshare itself is a bloomin good idea but the market was largely overtaken by some unscrupulous salesmen and sales practices and ruined it for everybody.

Ole

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:06 am 

I didnt feel a tad Guilty :wink: , but I take your point there is good and bad companies but mainly bad :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:27 am 

Right,

Thought I might quickly post a reply seeing as you lot didn’t actually understand my objection to your witch hunt.

Firstly... I am a regular user of this forum and know a few of you personally. Incidentally thanks for the support Cloh/Nic! I have in fact drank in Spenders for a while and also worked quite heavily with the local community in Lanzarote.

The reason for the advert was to just attract and offer some sales staff from lanzarote to a bloody good deal for the summer. It wasn’t meant to start a riot on the forum. I understand it was not an advert for something to do with Lanzarote, but there are areas in the forum for that. There are no rules saying do not offer our community jobs outside the Lanzarote area! I was upset that all I did was put a legitimate advert on a forum (which I have been a member of for years) and you lot thought it was an opportunity to air your views about an industry that has filled your bars, and fuelled Lanzarotes economy for over 20 years!!

As for only having one post on the forum under the ivor pseudonym... Well, I thought that the idea of a forum was to attract new members, not chase them off and treat them as sub standard just because they have not posted as often as you!

I have lived on Lanzarote since 1995 so please don’t think for one second that I am wet behind the ears as far as Lanzaotes local community. I just decided to use a different sign in as not to conflict with my other business interests on the island.

And people... Come on!!! Picking up on my typos to try and undermine me??? My god... What a weak argument! If I had the time I should imagine I could find numerous typos from all of you. This does not make me less INTELEGENT!

It’s a sad day for discover lanzarote when someone can’t even post a job offer without you lot all jumping in and turning it into what has quite frankly a joke.

Ivor
:(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:10 am 

LOL do I know you I had no idea who you were just didnt like the wrath you incurred!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:39 am 

"I have in fact drank in Spenders for a while "

Good for you mate good for you, however I don't know if I know you or whether you drank in the old Spenders or in the new one.

Can I point out to you if you used the forum regular then why did you feel the need to advertise the job under a new user name and not your original?

This is the 2nd post I have put on this thread and the first was about Cymmon having "proper jobs" maybe if you had pointed out what the job was then you wouldn't have received so much criticism, what are you hiding :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:44 am 

Yes reveal yourself!!
but within reason please...
I havent been in spenders since it was really tiny up near the music hall tavern, when welsh mike used to do a turn in there, it must have been over ten years ago I think.
Thats having kids for you, NO SOCIAL LIFE!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:14 pm 

Chlodee at least 10 years ago.

Come on Ivor reveal your identity :o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:50 pm 

They arent having any of it are they.
I have been dredging my memory as to who it might be, but I cant think.
You must be one of the longest running english bars still open by now surely?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:42 pm 

Well not really as this is the new bar I am in now although I have been running them for over 13 years and have had Spenders as the name since 1996.

No doubt Ivor will reveal all and maybe answer the question as to why the post wasn't made using their original user name.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:38 pm 

Am I being thick or has no-one else spotted.........

If you live in Lanza and post on a lanza website - why are you offering up a job selling timeshares................IN MAJORCA?!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:44 pm 

I would guess because theres loads and loads of ex timeshare sales people here. All the places here have closed down now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next