Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Books | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Earn Extra Cash Whilst in Lanzarote
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:50 pm 

Hello everyone,

My name is Khalid and I'm the founder of http://www.BarVacancy.com, a brand new recruitment website designed specifically for the licensed trade only.

Unlike any other site, it's completely free to use for both employer and employee. There's no catch or hidden fees and we have people looking for bar jobs in Lanzarote asap!

What we need?

Finding the contact detals of bars, restaurants and nightclubs in Lanzarote is not exactly easy, but we know they need staff. So, we're looking to hire someone with a professional manner to approach these businesses and tell them about the site. In short, stating that if they are looking for bar staff they should use it as it's free and we have experienced staff waiting.

From their you would either get them to post on the site or if they don't have access to a pc, you'd take their contact details and the vacancies available and pass them to me to post directly onto the site.

This could be a part time or full time job and earn you a good amount of money. For each successful post you would earn £1, payable either through Paypal or directly into your bank account. Each successful post will be checked to ensure they are genuine.

Imagine if you visited a bar every 10 minutes, that's £6 per hour which is the equivalent of 7.5 euro's - not bad for an hour's work! You could do this during the day when strolling along the strip!

Bonuses are also given based on your performance.

If you are interested you can either PM me or e-mail mail@barvacancy.com with the as much of the following...

- Your name
- A little about yourself
- A picture if possible
- Relevant experience dealing with people
- Where you are located
- Any references

A trial period of one week would commence and we'd keep in touch via e-mail or text. You would be payable on a daily or weekly basis. We wouldn't expect you to wear a suit but we would ask that you dress nicely i.e. no football tops etc as you are representing a company.

Post subject: Re: Earn Extra Cash Whilst in Lanzarote
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:31 am 

Bars in Lanzarote tend to want to see the individual, not go through websites.
I´m afraid its a case of walk in and talk to the manager on the day. They don´t normally bother posting on sites.
Good luck though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:37 am 

Thanks for the info.

Even so, at least they could post jobs for people to enquire about and setup interviews etc prior to coming to Lanzarote.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:54 pm 

Having been in the licenced trade for over 12 years I would also suggest that I would never offer anyone a job over the internet and that meeting a person in a people based business would be totally expected. However I did use the gumtree on many occasions to drive enquiries about jobs that I had vacancies for - but would expect them to come next day for an interview?
I must ask (due to representing so many bar and business owners here) how is the service completely free for the employee and the employer? If nobody is paying then where is the commission income for your "sales" rep in Lanzarote going to come from.
I don't need a business breakdown from you however am dubious over how your service will differ from using the classifieds advertising that many bar owners already use?
I am willing to be your biggest fan ... just let us know where the benefits other than free (which we already have) are!
Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:09 pm 

Phil,

Hello and thank you for your reply. I would love for you to become my biggest fan, let me explain a few things...

1. Communicating over the internet - Bar workers in the UK are looking for two things before they travel abroad for a working holiday - accommodation and a job. By placing your ad on our site, workers can communicate with you and setup it interviews for when they come over.

Personally I would be far more comfortable knowing I had 5 - 10 interviews setup before I jumped on a plane to find a job and this is the general feeling amongst the workers I have spoken too. Further to that, workers can use it whilst they are in Lanzarote instead of trailing from bar to bar.

2. How is your service completely free? -The service is completely free because I am personally funding this out of my own pocket with the aim of the site to become big and some employers upgrading their ads, providing greater exposure in return for a fee, currently £4.99.

3. How do you differ from other services? - There's no catch, it's completely free unless you want to upgrade your ad. We're not a dubious setup. Newspaper classifieds cover a local area. Internet advertising reaches potential workers worldwide. Gumtree charges for this...I don't.

If you have any other questions please fire away!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:36 pm 

It all sounds good and having looked through the website I can definitely believe there could be some interest - I would strongly suggest that people are here or with flights before they apply for work here as there are always people walking the streets who will take the job before if not.
I'll let people know that you exist and wait for the feedback from them on how your service has worked for them ... being such a small island good services are always recommended very fast!
Good luck!
Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:39 pm 

Phil,

Thank you ever so much. I look forward to more use of the site. If you personally put any ads on the site I will upgrade them free of charge as a gesture of goodwill.

We're a new site but together, with the help of bar/club owners and potential employees, we can create a useful and free community.