Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Books | Advertise your Business
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Events in October 2013
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:07 pm 

Can anyone tell me if there are any major events on in Lanzarote in October?

We are planning to come out with a large amount of family for 2 weeks to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary but the flights are pricey compared to what we normally pay from both our local and all London airports. Are we better off leaving it for a bit before booking or is there something happening which might have driven the price up? Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Events in October 2013
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:18 pm 

If it's towards the end of October, it will be half term. Just pick up any holiday brochure and look what happens to holiday prices anywhere in the Med then. Have you looked at www.norwegian.com? They are flying out of Gatwick to here and the prices are generally very good.

Last edited by john b on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:20 pm 

Hi
Nothing special.....National Day of Spain on the 12th......and the Oktoberfest German Beer Festival and Halloween at the end.....other than that I think you will find that the costs of the flights are about what passes for normal now ......probably increased because of the costs of airport taxes and fuel costs,lots of people are saying that the cost of getting here has increased quite a bit since last year,compared to other Canarian destinations.Possibly the UK school holidays half term falls during this month so always results in higher flight prices as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:27 pm 

Funny you should say that Lanzalocal :roll: In answerto the original question, if it is the last half of the month, with half term, the prices are very unlikely ever to come down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:45 pm 

Mmmmmm......judging by the less than 2 minutes time differential a case of crossed posts methinks :lol:(still can´t all be perfect can we :roll: ) ......just guessing about half term as I live (full-time permanently) in Spain and have had nothing to do with the UK in over 7 years so am not au-fait with the UK school timetables.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:55 pm 

Mmmmmmmm, possibly. To my knowledge, half term has been at the end of October since aboutA1960, which is the earliest I can realistically remember. anyway, I took my own advice, and checked a couple of random holidays on operator's websites. The prices almost double, and that is mainly due to the hike in air fares then. When we used to come regularly before we moved, we used Iberia, because they hadn't twigged to UK half term!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:53 pm 

Thanks for your replies. Yes it is half-term in our area the last week of October (our wedding anniversary falls into it every year now due to it being moved from 3rd week to last week several years back - thanks LEA!) but I know that it differs throughout the UK. We are looking to come out a week and a bit before half-term and return mid way through the half term week so it shouldn't really have that much of a bearing on the prices.

Can't get a handle on it because we paid, (for 2+suitcase) £240 staying 10 days in November, £335 7 days in March and £246, 7 days in May. We've visited quite a few times now and it normally is around £250. Because there are so many of us coming out (but all for differing lengths of time), I'm trying to get the best price possible and am just trying to work out what to do for the best.

Looking forward to the beer festival though! What date does that begin?