The Best Of César ManriqueThis tour has been designed to see César Manrique's work in Lanzarote.
You will visit the Monumento al Campesino at the centre of the island, an important site on Lanzarote, as the artist restored the eighteenth century building in order to educate people and prevent the island's traditional architecture from being lost. In front of the country house we find the Monumento al Campesino, a tribute to the farmers of Lanzarote whose labour along with volcanic activity has shaped the landscape of Lanzarote. From here, we head north through the town of Teguise, the old capital of the island and to the village of Haria, located in an oasis known as the Valley of a Thousand Palms, where the artist lived the last four years of his life.
Already in the north, we visit Jameos del Agua, often considered to be Manrique's most impressive work, and the Mirador del Rio where you can enjoy one of Lanzarote's most stunning views: the islands of La Graciosa and the Archipelago Chinijo.
We continue our tour at Manrique's final work, a Cactus garden located in the town of Guatiza, famous for the cultivation of cochineal.
The tour ends with a visit to the César Manrique Foundation which was his home till 1988.
The tour includes:
- Pick-up from your Hotel
- Entrance to Mirador del Río, Jameos del Agua, The Cactus Garden and the Manrique Foundation
- Qualified English-speaking guide
- Modern air-conditioned bus
- Route: Monumento al Campesino, Mirador del Rio, Jameos del Agua, Jardin de Cactus, Fundación César Manrique.
- Price: Adults 55€ - Children up to 12 years old 25€
- Duration: Approx. 8 hours
- Return to resort: around 18.00 hrs
- Every Friday
Ask a Question or make a Reservation