Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 20th July 2012 + Questions :)
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:01 am 

Just booked a 10 day holiday to Puerto Del Carmen from 20th - 30th July with my boyfriend. We are ages 25 & 28 and will be our first time in Lanza.
I went to Fuerteventura in 2010 in Oct/Nov time and have been to Gran Canaria in May - also Tenerife in August.

We got a really cheap deal, and are staying at the Oasis apartments (looks pretty average). What I dont want is to be in a family orientated complex or one where its full of older people complaning about music or noise. We arent rowdy but I enjoy upbeat music at the pool and so on. Would be good if there were other couples our age group there too I suppose, but you cant exactly pick who you get! Has anyone stayed here that can give me an idea of what the atmospheres like?

Although this is a 'couples' holiday we will likely be out most nights so any suggestions for clubs and lively bars would be appreciated! As well as the nightlife I am keen to do some excursions perhaps to see the volcanoes so anyone that has any info on these would be good.

The weather - im quite dark skinned and it does take a hot hot sun to tan me so hotter the better, what sort of temperatures is it in July?

Thank you :)

Post subject: Re: 20th July 2012 + Questions :)
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 pm 

Hey J487,
I've not been to Oasis, but have been to lots of different complexes throughout PDC. Most have really quiet pool areas as everyone is listening to ipods or reading kindles these days. The only one I found where there was any kind of pool music was at Club Guiante and that was about 4 years ago. I've seen some people take there ipod players down to pool but they keep it pretty quiet. It really aint a pool party type of island. To be honest, Lanz like Fuerteventura is a really chilled daytime resort, no hustle bustle on the beaches or main strip(promenade in new town). but plenty of folk strolling around the shops and people watchin from the bars.

Nightime is different. For clubbie stuff, head right to the middle of the main strip in PDC new town for Centro Atlantico. Lots of bangin' clubs/bars (Big Apple, Ricks, Tequila, Ache bar, Charlies for live music etc, even a couple of gay bars). Loads of bars and restaurant along the main strip (Ruta 66 and American Indian are usually mobbed even in quiet months) and right on down to the harbour in the old town. I'm just back and the whole island is pretty quiet but it should be mobbed come July. Arrecife has some damn good clubs and some of the locals of PDC should be able to tell u where they are. They usually start to fill up after midnight and go on till.......... Btw, if you like asian food, u gotta go to the new Asiatico restaurant (Thai, Japanese and Chinese menu) it's on the main strip and pretty damn good. Happy hols.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:33 pm 

Ahhh I dont do quiet but if I get them to pump up some tunes at the pool then the peeps with their ipods in wont hear anyway!? Haha.

Will defo be checking out the nightlife cant wait. Just hoping its a good bunch at the hotel, love meeting new people on holiday. Always fun to see who you get :)

Never been away in July before so hoping its busy busy although school holidays might mean a bit too busy, just the only time the other half could manage with his own company etc he hasnt got a lot of time able to take off.

Is there a waterpark newly opened I read on here?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:54 am 

Watermark in costa teguise, about 30 mins in a hire car. Not been cos read only bad reports. All watermarks mentioned on here recently refer to hotels in the playa blanca resort and they seem to be for those staying in the hotels only. The zoo at the back of PDC called rancho Texas IS a great day out and theyve been developing a pool area which was great last year but I'm sure the slides aren't finished yet. But rancho is greatday out bird shows etc and they do themed wild west shows at night. I'd hire a car and see the island tho. Pretty cheap and you can't really get lost as island so small. The massive Market in the village of teguise on Sunday's till 2pm is great for tat and cool stuff. Cuaves de los verdes - Green caves good fun and tourist info on main strip will tell you loads of other stuff to do.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:58 pm 

Hi

My husband went with his daughter to the Oasis and they have music playing from the bar that you can hear from the pool, and incidentally next door's pool at Los Gracioseros. It may not be your sort of thing though, sixties and seventies mostly. As others have said, Lanza doesn't have that many "pumped-up" pools. Maybe the Papagayo Arena which had one pool with loud music when we went, although there were about 2-3 others so you didn't have to listen to it if you didn't want to.
Speaking personally, I abhor loud music by the pool, can't see the need of it and would ban it if I could. If you want to listen to music fine, play your ipod, then I don't have to listen to it too. Don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but music of any kind belting out on full volume when I'm taking in the rays spoils mine :(
Then again, I am an old git :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: