Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A/I Accommadation with bbc and itv tv channels.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:01 am 

Hi there everybody,will be staying in lanzarote 31 dec to 14 jan,i have booked flights but not yet accommadation.As the title says looking for A/I accommadation with main english channels on tv.Going A/I as went to fuengirola in september and spent a fortune on food and drink.I would say spain is now dearer for food and drink than the uk and thats even allowing for the pound against the euro.I have looked on the net for A/I accommadation with the english tv channels,got some results,but just want to see if anybody can come up with anything else.Would consider any resort,although leaning towards pdc or playa blanca.Two adults and a child of 3 traveling. Cheers Andrew Reid.

Post subject: Re: A/I Accommadation with bbc and itv tv channels.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:41 am 

Hi, I do not know of any AIs with those channels, but i know a couple of good apartments with the english channels but they are self catering. I know it is pretty expensive there now, but you can still get some good deals on food etc, and you can always take some bits with you and cook in, or go to the local supermarkets which is cheaper than eating out, and cook in. Sorry i can not help any more than that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:35 pm 

Yes i would also consider self catering as long as it had the main english tv channels or even better sky so hopefully i could get bbc scotland.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:32 pm 

I think your going to struggle with this problem. Don't know anywhere with all the UK TV channels or even any with more than SKY NEWS.

It's only the last few years there is even English FM radio stations to listen too. I still have my Roberts multi waveband radio to listen to the BBC World service on SW.

Anyway, when we go to Lanz we forget the TV, and phones are left safely at home ! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:04 pm 

Dont want all the uk channels,just the main one's,i have looked on the internet and there is a few that do show them,when you have a 3 year old boy with you on holiday,we are stuck in the rooms most nights when he is sleeping quite early,so instead off watching all the spanish tv stations,we would for once try to get accommadation which shows most of the soaps on english tv.Cheers Andy Reid.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:13 pm 

truffle - when i go to lanza i do not forget about the tv, i love tv lol, and also my phone never leaves my side, i guess it just depends what youre into, i go out clubbing every night but i still like to watch all the soaps first, which i normaly do in the apartment i stay in often. I believe it has sky, but it def has all the mtv stations and the normal english soaps etc.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:09 am 

Columbus Apartments have BBC1 and BBC2,ITV1 CH4 FIVE FIVER SKY NEWS and a couple of film channels eg movies for men., all of which are available at a small cost.

www.columbusaprtments.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:23 am 

overhere wrote:

Movies for men ?

What are they then ? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:54 am 

lmao Truffle it does look rather errr :D :D

anyway it the free channel on sky boxes entitled movies for men

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:21 pm 

if spain is looking to exspensive and you'll be missing boring uk tv ,why not just go to rhyll ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:35 pm 

Eagerlywaiting why would i want to go to rhyll?If you have negative answers to my questions,dont bother answering back!!!!So you think the cost of living in spain is cheaper than the uk?Dont think so!!We only go to spain for the sun,like everybody else. We would rather spend it there than rip of united kingdom.We also love the spanish people.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:39 am 

Its a good point eagerly waiting.

Reidy clearly loves the spanish lifestyle and culture so much he only wants to go to a place which shows British TV?!!!

Not everyone goes to Lanza JUST for the sun. I go for the food, the culture and to escape from British TV and get some peace and quiet for a change!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:49 am 

Well foodie,if you read my original post,you would have read that we have a three year old child with us,so after a day at the beach or pool he is really tired,so its early to bed for him.Does not leave us with much of a choice to do things does it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:33 am 

You might be better renting a villa/apartment direct with owners.
I have all the English channels in my villa as do alot of people. Dont rent mine out.
Dont mind the negative comments on here. Some of them cant read :lol: :oops:
I have read your post and can see the reason you want English channels is cause you will be sitting in minding your child.
Google owners direct and you should get plenty of options :D
Good Luck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:09 am 

Make sure wherever you book has the channels you want, some of them advertise having English channels but don't have the standard terrestrial channels that we do in the UK. I believe that you now require a larger dish to receive them in Lanzarote so some people that had them previously don't have them any more.

I fully understand why you're asking, we have been on holiday with a small child before and I wish we had TV then.

Good luck and ignore the naysayers.