Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Advice Please
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:56 pm 

Hi
Good luck with the move but now for the bad news.....recent changes in letting rules affecting the Canaries as a whole have resulted in an acute shortage of available property to let :| .....most agents have very little in the way of longer term rental properties at the moment .....it seems to be going back to the old pre-recession days when agents maintained a ´´waiting list´´ usually several months long for potential lessees seeking suitable properties to let....
There is a local website on facebook see
https://www.facebook.com/groups/109684319152929/
called ``Buy/rent/let Lanzarote¨¨....... but once again the number seeking accommodation far outweighs the number of available units.......also try the local ´´free ads paper´´.. see
http://estohay.com/inmobiliaria/alquiler
although for this one a basic understanding of Spanish is required :( .
.Also try
http://www.idealista.com/en
and
http://www.fotocasa.es/en/
Failing that ´´googling´´ estate agents lanzarote(in English) or inmobiliaria lanzarote(in Spanish) should bring up many of the agents here,Good luck :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:53 pm 

Thanks for your reply, should of mentioned I am now in a position to buy as a cash buyer, so hopefully in a better position.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:32 pm 

H again
As a cash buyer DO not use an estate agent instead go to the various bank websites (google ´´name of bank´´inmobiliaria) lots and lots of reasonably priced reposessions on them.....means looking at a load of sites but in terms of value some places are reduced by as much as 70%.....happy hunting :o

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:26 pm 

Thank you will take a look.do you know the name of the main banks in lanzarore.

Thanks again

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:21 pm 

Why not use an estate agent? I used Freedom properties in Playa Blanca and was very happy with them when I bought my property. My apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:42 pm 

Hi
To answer both previous questions.....
1....re banks in Lanzarote.....all Spanish banks lend on property in Lanzarote,,,,as I said means trawling through lots of websites ...all of which can be found using google....main ones are Solvia,,,Altamira....Servihabitat....
and 2 why not use an estate agent,,,,they charge :evil: so someone has to pay...in the case of repos that someone is you :roll: .....banks make no extra charge .....example on one of the above sites is a property nearly 2000€ cheaper than where it is listed on an ´´estate agents´´site.....no brainer really :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:18 am 

Thanks makes sense now. Although a blanket don't use estate agents is misleading. Makes sense if you're buying a repo but if not, then nothing wrong with using an estate agent and doing research/viewings with both I.e. Estate agents for non repos and banks for them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:06 am 

New to the forum and I'm surprised anyone wants to visit Lanzarote never mind relocate with all the negativity posted in this section of the forum !
Is it really so bad , foodie and Lanza local ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:10 am 

Hi Brightside
Welcome to the forum.....but afraid you are confusing negativity with reality....yes Lanzarote is a great place to visit.....and can be a great place to live...as long as people realise it is Spain NOT the UK/Eire.....things are very very different here and initially unless you can speak Spanish and deal with the seemingly endless bureaucracy and paper trails most people give up and return home...often thousands out of pocket and with their dreams destroyed.....as an ´´extranjero´´ the difficulties multiply with the lack of language and understanding of the ways of the island...even a simple task such as registering for a doctor involves several trips to the capital Arrecife before this can be accomplished(dealing with residencia/social security/tax etc,).plus a vist to your local authority to obtain ´´empadronamiento´´,and then with the appropriate paperwork registering with the docs itself :? :? ....
It is not bad ....just complicated and time consuming to deal with the various local authorities( oh nearly forgot sometime you have to fit in working as well !)...most people give up after a few months of going back and forth and end up returning ´´home´´...I personally have met, truthfully ,over 100 potential future residents of whom less than 10 are still here (over a 10 year period) for any one that is a roughly 90% failure rate...probably higher if you factor in the people I have only met the once or twice...
A lot of people come with unrealistic expectations and often forget that ties in their home country are hard to break/leave behind...and recent improvements in exchange rates and exiting the recession once again has produced a ´´new crop´´ of potential immigrants...whether they are hardy enough to stay cannot be foreseen ....but on past experience most will go back within a year or so......that is the reality of here....not negativity just honest truthful experience :( :D :D
Of course I could say its all´´milk and honey´´ but that helps no one :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:52 pm 

Evening bright side - am here now actually.

But yes have no desire to move and work here....did enough dishwashing and bar work as a student and no wish to gamble the lot on a holiday pipe dream.

The job situation seems pretty dire for the locals...several people wandered in with cvs at restaurants we've been eating in which have only seen before rarely.
So yes I would only be moving if i didnt have to work.