Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Apartment recommendations?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 am 

hi sigh,take a look at princesa ico apts (booked through ocean club holidays) we have stayed here several times and are booked to again in 9 weeks.
its a small complex of 16 one bed apts with a really chilled out atmosphere, its situated just off the main strip about a 10-15 min walk to the old town
hope you find something

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:32 pm 

toffeelady wrote:
hi sigh,take a look at princesa ico apts (booked through ocean club holidays) we have stayed here several times and are booked to again in 9 weeks.
its a small complex of 16 one bed apts with a really chilled out atmosphere, its situated just off the main strip about a 10-15 min walk to the old town
hope you find something

We've stayed there too, nice but incredibly basic, the Ocean Club themselves across the road are far better, Princesa Ico are great if you are on a budget. They're not "just off the main strip" though and are up a fairly steep hill.

For me I'd recommend either the Barcarola or Costa Luz, both of which are on the Avenida, both also nowhere near the old town.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:12 am 

Robert, in what way are they basic, they have everything you need (except a tv, but who goes on holiday to watch telly???) agree club oceano are nice but too busy for me.
Also "great if youre on a budget" i wouldnt call £250 pw cheap!!!
have paid more than this and stayed in worse places

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:16 pm 

tracyscott23 wrote:
We've stayed in the old town 3 times. Once all inclusive at Los Fiscos, (good value for money but apartments aren't great), and twice self catering, at La Flora, (nice apartment overlooking the pool in the main complex) and somewhere else which has changed names to something I can't remember. We've also stayed 4 times in various apartments off the main strip which we prefer because it's easy enough to get to the harbour and old town but not so much of a hike. When we were last there in November the old town was looking very sad with lots of bars/restuarants closed which is a shame.
The Lago Verde apartments which were featured on 'Place in the Winter Sun' this week looked nice. Most are privately owned and is in the old town very close to La Flora. It depends what you are looking for really. If you're self catering there is loads of choice and the best thing is to go on Trip Advisor and try and get the highest starred best accommodation for your budget. Of course everyone has different tastes and opinions. We personally haven't found anywhere yet that we would like to return to though whether this is because we are on a tight budget or not I don't know. We love Puerto del Carmen though so will keep trying until we get lucky. Hope you find somewhere nice.

Flora is OK unless you get one of the tiny apts across the main road with the underground tunnel access. The main area is fine but a trek otherwise if you get your apt other side of the main road.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:00 pm 

Thanks all.
This weekends job is to book somewhere.
Looking forward to a nice bit of sun 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:49 pm 

Im sure you will have a great time ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:30 pm 

Sorry all I'm back with change of plan!
We were going to look for a private rent in old town but after speaking to friends and a very unexpected trip to wembley, come on Bradford!, we are going to book a hotel apartment near the strip.
Any new ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:35 pm 

Looking at riviera apartments, any opinions please??

Thanks all

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:13 am 

hi sigh, are these apts sandy/pinky coloured? if its the same ones im thinking off, i remember them being built, we stayed in a complex at the back of these in 2004. we met a family one year (in 2007 i think it was) who were staying in them and sed they were really nice and quite big
sorry cant help with anymore info

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 pm 

Don't know if it's too late, but just came back from Montana Club apartments. 5 minutes walk from the strip, nice quiet place, very good apartments except for the pillows which seems to be par for the course. Microwave, kettle, toaster and flatscreen tv with bbc1, itv and channel 4 if needed. Just make sure the apartment you get has some sun on it.
Will certainly return.