Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Apartments recommended
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:13 pm 

Hi - we're coming to Puerto del Carmen in November for 10 nights and as we're flying cattle class with hand luggage only, are looking for a well equipped apartment that supplies a hairdryer, shower gel, soap etc if possible as we won't have room to bring all these things with us. Would also really like a kettle please! I've been reading the reviews on trip advisor til I've gone boss-eyed but not many people comment on what is actually provided in the apartments. We'd like to be near the main strip or harbour (but preferably somewhere fairly quiet - not scared of a walk) and would also like somewhere that has got decent adjustable sunbeds - not the hard flat white ones that a lot of places seem to have now. Sorry if this sounds very demanding - we will compromise if we have too! This will be our 6th time and we love the resort/island but haven't actually found any accommodation we would like to return to yet. We've shortlisted the Bitacora and Atlantis las Lomas but don't know what they provide and are completely confused by the choice on offer. Also, we will not be arriving until about Midnight so are a bit worried about getting keys/access etc at that time of night. Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Thanks very much :-)

Post subject: Re: Apartments recommended
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:47 pm 

Try Oasis Apartmentos, c/ arpon.

www.alpharooms.com

No kettle but you can buy one for less than you can hire one in resort, donate it to SARA (animal charity) or any others when you leave.
Sunbeds are white but for $1.50 per day can get a lovely soft cover.
Breakfasts at the pool bar are €2.95, excellent (dare I say) english ingredients.
Your number of apartment will be on the reception door and keys easily available (sssssh, in you apartment).
Hairdryer in apartment, soap there on arrival.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:09 pm 

You can also buy soap, shampoo, etc in any of the supermarkets. It's what we usually do, ditto for suncream.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 pm 

tracyscott23 wrote:
Hi - we're coming to Puerto del Carmen in November for 10 nights and as we're flying cattle class with hand luggage only, are looking for a well equipped apartment that supplies a hairdryer, shower gel, soap etc if possible as we won't have room to bring all these things with us. Would also really like a kettle please! I've been reading the reviews on trip advisor til I've gone boss-eyed but not many people comment on what is actually provided in the apartments. We'd like to be near the main strip or harbour (but preferably somewhere fairly quiet - not scared of a walk) and would also like somewhere that has got decent adjustable sunbeds - not the hard flat white ones that a lot of places seem to have now. Sorry if this sounds very demanding - we will compromise if we have too! This will be our 6th time and we love the resort/island but haven't actually found any accommodation we would like to return to yet. We've shortlisted the Bitacora and Atlantis las Lomas but don't know what they provide and are completely confused by the choice on offer. Also, we will not be arriving until about Midnight so are a bit worried about getting keys/access etc at that time of night. Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Thanks very much :-)

Try La Penita, you can't go wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:47 am 

Wouldn't recommend Bitacora - very basic, definitely no hair drier and right at the top of cardiac hill, would try owners direct you might get better facilities if you rent a privately owned apartment, or search for some of the privately owned ones in Barcarola which is right on the strip.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:16 am 

Parque Tropical is very central, close to Centro and the grounds are lovely.

Lovely English breakfast for 3.15, and very friendly staff.

The rooms have hairdryer, kettle, microwave, and all mod cons including a coffee maker.

Book direct with them
http://www.parquetropical-lanzarote.com ... icios.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:43 pm 

Hi folks.

Newbie here. :)
Can anyone recommend cheap, basic s/catering accommodation in the Old Town please? Really don't want to be in the centre of PDC.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:47 pm 

poppy6488 wrote:
Hi folks.

Newbie here. :)
Can anyone recommend cheap, basic s/catering accommodation in the Old Town please? Really don't want to be in the centre of PDC.

I know it is not the Old Town but you should give La Penita a try.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:46 am 

I havent stayed here myself, but I have a friend who works at La Florida which is in the old town. From what I gather its cheap and basic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:40 pm 

We've stayed at Los Fiscos and La Flora in the past - both basic but good value - you get what you pay for. Have also had a look round La Florida (mentioned in another post) and Bellevue Aquarius which are in slightly less hilly and more central locations in the old town - again both reasonably priced. This time we've decided on Jables Bermudas as we travelling with hand luggage only so haven't got room for hairdryers etc so want an apartment a bit better equipped. Would suggest you have a look on trip advisor, go for the highest rated one in your price range and compare all the booking agents as there can be quite a difference. Ours was £70 difference between the highest and lowest prices. We're going back to PDC for the 6th time but have struggled to find accommodation we are completely happy with - hopefully we'll have cracked it this time. Hope you find somewhere you like.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:57 pm 

Thanks for the replies guys