Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Are forums dying??
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:18 am 

Sadly just noticed that in all current topics mine is the only user name that crops up on all of them :roll: ...yeah, sad I know...nothing better to do :shock: ...lol :D
It seems that posting on various social ´´networking ´´sites such as FB and others that you have just had your brekkie and are now nipping to the shops before sitting down and having a coffee (wow...utterly riveting stuff...eh ?) now seems to take precedence over online discussion and advice forums...or is it just me :?: :wink: :( :cry: :|

Post subject: Re: Are forums dying??
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:16 pm 

lanzalocal wrote:
Sadly just noticed that in all current topics mine is the only user name that crops up on all of them :roll: ...yeah, sad I know...nothing better to do :shock: ...lol :D
It seems that posting on various social ´´networking ´´sites such as FB and others that you have just had your brekkie and are now nipping to the shops before sitting down and having a coffee (wow...utterly riveting stuff...eh ?) now seems to take precedence over online discussion and advice forums...or is it just me :?: :wink: :( :cry: :|

new to this forum but whats been added to this forum has been more helpful that what someone is having for breakfast on facebook ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:29 am 

must admit I don't post much on here but I still read this forum daily just to see whats new etc, think I must be one of the few that doesn't do FB or "social networking" haha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:11 am 

I'm always lurking in the background to help if I can...but being a married dad from the Philippines it's difficult to keep up to speed....
Unfortunately not visited Lanza for about 3 years, takes 42 hrs to get there. :-(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:09 pm 

Like many others I check the forum on a daily basis as I like to keep up to date with what is happening on the island.
Personal finances dictate that I must live in england but that does not prevent my heart living in lanzarote.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:29 am 

I think it's helpful too

And I agree that you get more useful info here that on FB - who cares what someone else is having for breakfast lol

I often read the topics even though I don't post that much myself

Question - has anyone got an alternative to a forum / FB that combines the two ??....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:07 am 

i always prefer forums for researching about holidays cars or anything in general -but it does sadly look like facebook has been the downfall of many forums