Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Arrecife
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 am 

Coming over for 3 weeks in August and I remember going into Arrecife by Bus and picking the bus up to return home by a big tower block - this must have been 13 years ago

Are there any decent shops in the town ? Video games stores, designer shops -

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Arrecife
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:15 pm 

Yes, as the bus comes off the main dual-carriageway it stops at the new intercambiar (seafront bus station), head towards the Gran Hotel (only skyscraper on the Island, then stay on the front main road keeping the sea to your right. When you get to the first small road to the Castle on the Island turn left. This is the main street.
Designer stores are on here and on road close by and parallel too.
As you walk up the main street look up side streets to your left, you will see a small shopping centre, Bazaar Spinola, inside this mall is a small shop on the right called Bazaar Sweety, the lady and gent there are Indian but give you fantastic service on games/Electronic equipment etc.

Enjoy Arrecife, try google earth for walk-throughs as there are MANY hidden gems to see.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:16 pm 

As a bloke who doesn't like shopping, I really like shopping there. If you want Oxford Street, you may not be so pleased.

My wife likes the clothes shops (Zara etc.), I am happy to sit in the main street people watching with a refreshment. I like a cheap (I LOVE cheap) clothes shop just off the main street Las or Des Nudas.

I have no idea about games shops as that is not me. I would guess that if you are used to uk games shops you may not be impressed.

Remember it's all closed in the afternoon for siesta, so it's a 0900-1300 thing or 1700 to 2100 thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:47 pm 

Many thanks for the prompt answers - The game shops are for our son - he always buys a game whenever we are away. My husband is coming back to the Uk during the holiday, for 4 days due to work commitments - so thought I would spend the day (not now you have kindly given me the opening times) there with Charlie

I cant really remember the shopping area but my eldest son claims that there was a small sports shop and we bought him a Barcelona Kit !!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:08 pm 

Unfortunately you will be able to buy the Barcelona strip in many shops in the tourist area's :? .The UD.Lanzarote red (home) or white (away) strip is also quite freely available. Maybe Messi will like the colours and join on loan for the season? :D Usual routine, ones with names on are genuine fake, the ones without (much pricier) are real.

Many small sports shops in Arrecife.
C/ Fajardo has a good one, again use google earth. It is at the halfway point of the main street to the left.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:48 pm 

there are lots of shops in arrecife. and also shopping centres. u will find something for sure