Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Back over in 2 weeks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:30 am 

Oh well back over in Lanza in 2 weeks can't wait, just what the doctor ordered, hope the weather is looking favourable on us, but i am sure it will be.
I come on here most days to see if anyone as posted anything, but often there is nothing new, a bit disappointing really, always hoping for a bit of gossip/news, or something to debate, but very quiet.
Is there not something that can be done to encourage others to post there experiences etc.
Anyway just thought i would mention it, maybe someone will respond, and if not roll on the 2 weeks when i will be back, viewing a few properties in preparation for our move over permanently.

Post subject: Re: Back over in 2 weeks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:18 am 

The weather is absolutely gorgeous at the moment here in Playa Blanca: mid-twenties and blue skies (with a slight haze).
Hope it stays like this!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:33 pm 

Thanks for that PBlanca, yes hope it stays that way, Playa Blanca is one of the area's we are looking at relocating to, we like it over there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:29 pm 

Lanzarog, you will find more reading on Tripadviser forum posts. I dip between there and here to see if anything interesting is being talked about.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:26 am 

Hi nica, thanks for that, i will have a look on trip adviser see if there is any news.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:35 pm 

Cold at night and resort will be busy busy busy so don't expect a relaxing quite holiday more like a ram packed costa coffee in the uk
But if your into that you will be happy ,,,have fun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:48 am 

Hi
I find the lack of ´´gossip´´ and repetitive questions on this site quite refreshing....I prefer to think of this site as ´´quality´´ replies to questions rather than ´´quantity´´...for example

Facebook......the modern day equivalent of ´´some bloke in the pub told me----¨¨ :roll:

Trip Advisor....the modern day equivalent of the drunk in the pub who keeps asking the same
question over and over and over ..... :twisted:

Discover Lanzarote........the modern day equivalent of the two people in a pub in the corner having a
quiet yet earnest conversation whilst smiling knowingly hearing the two above :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:50 am 

Hi, ktm98 no i was on about this forum, i know the island extremely well has i spend a lot of time over there, and yes agree it can be busy over there which we like some of the time, and other times we like the quieter times, and go there accordingly.
Lanzalocal, ok i take your point i was just commenting on the lack of discussions from my point of view, i agree repetative postings are a waste of time, as for faceache whoops sorry facebook i don't do it, more bitching on there than anywhere i know,
Anyway guys and gals thanks for your comments, and looking forward to being there on the 17th especially now after all our flooding at home.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:06 am 

mid 20 during day seems great, I lived in Turkey for 6 years and it can be s bloody cold at night at this time of year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:14 am 

Yenisher wrote:
mid 20 during day seems great, I lived in Turkey for 6 years and it can be s bloody cold at night at this time of year

Hence the saying 'Cold Turkey' :D I'm so funny it hurts!....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:56 am 

Yenisher wrote:

In Turkey, maybe, on Lanzarote it can be cold but certainly not bloody cold. Cardigan weather at most.

If you want bloody cold, come to East Kilbride :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:24 pm 

I don't do cold!

In Philippines the weather is between 16 and 45C , reasonable. Visiting the UK is when it hurts......

Loved my time in Lanza.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:53 am 

Neither do i cymmon, so really looking forward to getting back and now it's less than a week until we are back in sun, and soon after that, permanently oh heaven.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:33 am 

On the home straight now, 3 days and counting, can't wait to be back, keep that sun turned on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:51 am 

Well we've been back over and are back in wet old England again, and even after only a day back here are missing Lanzarote and its lovely climate, landscape and friendly locals, but it won't be long before we are back, march hopefully and then very soon after that permanently, (oh bliss)