Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: boat trips from PB
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:22 pm 

Hi
will be going to Playa Blanca (sun Royal) at the end of July with my 2 kids (12 and 15) the one thing they really want to do is go on a boat trip as we went on a fantastic one in Tenerife
any advice on which one to go for as there are quite a few advertised
I've been looking at the one on the Cesar II that goes to Fuerteventura and stops at Lobos - has anyone been on this one?

I want to book online before we go - definitely not booking with Thomson (who our holiday is with) as they charge adult prices from age 11 up and looking on the websites most of the boat companies don't charge adult prices until they're 16

Post subject: Re: boat trips from PB
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:09 pm 

I did a boat trip out of PB last Feb. I booked via Tracy at Snorkelling Delights, who are in PB.

The boat took 8 of us, which seems to be the best number to make it economical. We left about 10am and got back about 4pm. We headed west (which we didn't want to do), then turned and headed for towards Fuerteventura, stopped and fished for a bit. Then continued to Los Lobos. Had lunch and fished a bit more. We would have loved to have snorkelled and gone on the beach at Los Lobos, but the water temp. put us off. we then come round the east side of Los Lobos, very choppy there, (couldn't believe the amount of flotsam washed up on the shore!) and headed back to PB. It cost about 600€.

The weather wasn't great (windy & sea not at its warmest), but it was sunny and so my fairer skinned shipmates glowed the next day.

We slept really well that night!

I'd love to do it again if:

1 There was 8 of us.
2 It was Octoberish for the best sea temp.
3 The weather was on our side.

There are number of large group boat trips available as well. Catlanza do various trips, but from PC. Catlanza are best known for their catarmaran trip which is very popular - by the coach load - so it didn't appeal to us. There are also glass bottomed boat trips - but I have no idea who operates them. I think there is one from PDC & another from PB.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:59 pm 

sounds great but I think 600 EUR is a bit out of my price range unfortunately

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:19 am 

Not sure, but I think you can get a boat from PB to Puerto Calero and there are catamaran trips from there. I've seen a few reports on this and other forums from satisfied customers who thoroughly recommend it. As I've never been on one, can't comment on it or how much it costs, but maybe someone else on here knows?
:?: :!: :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:06 pm 

Try this site for info:
https://www.aquaticket.com/at_producto_en.asp?id=95

Also Fred Olsen and Naviera Armas operate regular fast services to Corralejo in Fuerteventura.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:49 pm 

thanks cymmon
I've had a look at that website and that sounds like a good trip and reasonable price too

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:23 pm 

There are several different level boat trips that leave from Playa Blanca including day trips to Fuerteventura (not on the ferry) and Los Lobos, fishing trips, The Princess Yaiza glass bottom taxi-boat (goes from the harbour to marina to Papagayo beaches and back). For the full day on the catamarans you need to get a shuttle to Puerto Calero and go with Catlanza or OceanCat (bookable in most receptions or with tour operators). I would suggest that you look and book when you are here so that you know what the weather will be on each day (the boats do run when it is windy but you might prefer a day on dry land).
Unfortunately Snorkelling Delights in CC Papagayo (behind Dorada beach) is not there anymore but there is now "Hubs & Tubs" which is a bike and jacuzzi rental business - I believe they are going to be selling the boat trips from here in the next weeks as well and so you can go and see Graham to find out when you are here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:48 am 

thanks Phil
you're probably right will wait til we're there and see whats on offer, will probably do a couple of trips - day to Fuerteventura and one of the cruise trips

thanks for your help