Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Books | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: BREXIT - Sell or Stick.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:18 am 

I was reading where emoticons on androids and smart phones are 33% larger / longer / costly than text to download and send.
So stick to the laptop Lanzalocal you will save a fortune :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:17 am 

A very passionate speech by Corbyn yesterday at the CND rally in regards to NO to Trident. He`s a huge believer in this and as we all are peace one would hope. I think we are all aware of the nuclear consequences and inheritances years down the line. I am just wondering if that is his motive for IN regards the EU. Independently the U.K. would need to restore its forces to what they once was rather than a European joint venture.

However the concern is getting into bed with Turkey, Eastern block nations by remaining in, like what is happening in Syria currently. So there is two ways of looking at Trident your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.
In regards to Brexit I am a firm believer with not decommissioning armed forces and not putting all our eggs in one basket. Historically we have been at war with many European Nations and the state of the world and its complications today, it can go pear shaped any which way and recently through dictatorships, religion, oil, LPG, land, sectarianism, race and greed.

In regards to Trident, I don't know, does it act as a deterrent and without it we are vulnerable or open? Or are we better off without it and rely on our past reputations to keep the others on their toes. Or have those days already gone? I have an incline towards yes keep it solely for collateral mitigation and the rest of the world already know we are not the force we was or can be without our allies or commonwealth. Another thing we sold down the river.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:37 am 

Hi
´´smartphone ´´.......whats that then. :?: ...mine is a getting on for 10 yr old flip phone :( ( was cutting edge in 2006.... :? )......and ´´androids´´ well Data from Star Trek TNG was one of them ,,,and he won´t fit in me pocket :lol:

Agree with you re. armed forces.....really interesting article here...saying that even if a Brexit was successful the UK would simply have no option but to renegotiate with the EU as regards new treaties on trade defence etc ..so the only thing is it would no longer be a member but still have to rely on the EU for other things,,,see

http://thebrexitdoor.com/2016/02/24/ex- ... e-stories/

See can post without using ´´emoticons´´...oooh but I do like ´em :roll: :roll: :P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:17 am 

Good post and link, my thoughts exactly, as an international traveller, expat and domicile. I have never thought they would be sufficient changes to impact us or the member states should we BREXIT. The only thing I can see is the release of 20 Billion a year back to the nation, British passports, retaining the £ which was the best move ever and some control on immigration or the law of it independently. Yes they will be hiccups along the way and I am not naïve enough to not recognise that. But confident in my personal vote to see beyond that and if it is to be proven our detriment later then I am still nationalist enough to live by that as I am only domiciled contractually not forever and don't mind paying my way.
Much the same as the British expats who eventually will have to toddle back home for the care, once the legs don't work like the used to before, and our memories fade. As long as I can still play the six stings :lol:

However I much prefer to be governed by Cameron, Corbyn, Patal, Benn or whoever nationally than a mixed bag of Eurocrats with different cultures, ideas and historic values. Some bad some better than ours. But destiny should be within our hands I feel. Hence my out choice. Which in the democratic world we live in is a breath of fresh air and hope the vote is coming to the people.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:56 am 

I was thinking a few more participants would indulge from the expat community or regular visitors specially with the potential impacts of
Flight costs, pensions, rates, banking, prescriptions, defence, the Euro, GDP, rights to work, heath care, investment, funding, borders.

Which contradicts the above post on not foreseeing any or much significant change. It would appear we are all singing from the same sheet.