Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Business Was Tough Enough!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:32 pm 

PBlanca wrote:
Quote:
playa blanca is dead at night.

you probably just have to go out later!

Good point, - but then again I may be too old for that........ :wink:

However my three daugthers, (all in their 20-ies and singels) report back quite frequently as they have screened the nightlife (after midnight) ever so often........

They are not impressed.............. :(

But yes, the restaurants on the waterfront appear to be quite busy, - but that's not nightlife I presume.... :D

And yes, the Centro Commercial Papagayo (where the Wax and Jungle are to be found) is where there at times seem to be some action in the early hours (after midninght), but compared to PDC it's nothing....

And yes, the Centro Commercial Punta Limones (where the Irish Anvil, Rooftops, Legends, Snoopy, Tu Candela etc are to be found) is really shabby with no action at all after midnight, - bar a few odd occasions where for some reason there is a crowd in Rooftops. "Tu Candela" is another story as its target audience is the local latino population and very few tourists go there..... That place can be packed in the late (early) hours of Saturdays/Sundays but remains closed during the week......

I would still agree with whoever claiming that PB is rather dead or dull after midnight......... :wink:

"The more I learn the less I know...."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:10 am 

zocoloco wrote:
familyjones wrote:

What strikes me is how little they get to see of this paradise if all they do is hang around the pool... :(

And all inclusive may in fact not be much cheaper than self catering these days.....

But if you have been visiting Lanz for over 20 + years and seeing the lot, that is all there is to do. After all, it is the sunshine why most people come isn't it ?

AI gets boring too you know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:00 am 

trufflehound wrote:
But if you have been visiting Lanz for over 20 + years and seeing the lot, that is all there is to do. After all, it is the sunshine why most people come isn't it ?

AI gets boring too you know.

Sunshine, - yes I agree totally !!! :D (or climate really, - warmth, fresh air with limited pollution and all that)... :D

20 + years in Lanzarote have given me the opposite experience. The more I dig , the more surprising new sides of it comes to surface. I begin to realize I have NOT seen the lot. I learn new things every day. New places to fish, to dive, to eat etc. etc. etc..... I even found a little new beach the other day somewhere between the lighthouse and Las Salinas on the west coast....... :D

And an old lady in Femes who never had been on "the other side of the mountain"..... :shock:

For me a never ending story of new experiences that adds to my own personal Lanza love affair........... :wink:

People are different. And AI may be right for some, - but I dont think it stimulates curiosity or challenges desire to explore much........ :(

Whether or not AI is good for Lanza business I am not in a position to tell........

But I don't think Lanza would have had as many visitors if plastic bracelets hadn't been invented..... :)

Good or bad for business ?, - I don't know...... :D

"The more I learn the less I know...."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:47 am 

LOl. No one said the Canaries are cheap but some people do seem to want something for nothing.
For example I have a sale basket with stuff in it for one euro.
Just a few pieces of old stock I wanted to clear out and people are asking will you do me a deal on it? Will you take twenrty cents.
PMSL you dont know wether to laugh or cry.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:47 am 

So we turned up at Corralejo market this morning and there were only about 10 stall holders and so far my hubby has only seen 5 tourists, all looking unhappy and just mooching about!
Did any flights turn up?
What is Lanzarote like at the moment?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:41 am 

zocoloco wrote:
But I don't think Lanza would have had as many visitors if plastic bracelets hadn't been invented..... :)

Absolutely. The money they generate for Lanzarote´s economy in terms of local employment in the hotels, coach transport, tourist tax, supplying food and drink for the AI etc. is tremendous. I think it´s great that they all stay by the pool, funding Lanzarote´s infrastructure and leaving the rest of the beautiful island for me!
Fortunately I´m not having to make a living out of Lanzarote. If I was, I would book myself in to a local hotel and find out what would attract the "bracelets" out of there. Offering meals with chips doesn´t as that´s what they get every night for nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:33 pm 

Lis48 wrote:
zocoloco wrote:

Absolutely. The money they generate for Lanzarote´s economy in terms of local employment in the hotels, coach transport, tourist tax, supplying food and drink for the AI etc. is tremendous. I think it´s great that they all stay by the pool, funding Lanzarote´s infrastructure and leaving the rest of the beautiful island for me!
Fortunately I´m not having to make a living out of Lanzarote. If I was, I would book myself in to a local hotel and find out what would attract the "bracelets" out of there. Offering meals with chips doesn´t as that´s what they get every night for nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:46 pm 

What an odd post vambeech.......resurrecting an over 2 year old post simply by quoting the last two entries....this brings nothing to the discussion as both points have been made by two different previous posters which are already there in front of you ????????why re quote ???? your point is ????
If you are asking is it still as bad.....the answer has to be no...it´s worse :cry: as tourism has fallen,unemployment has risen and still the ´´curse of the AI wristband¨¨grows daily :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 pm 

Lol, I didn't even know I had done that, as you can see I only joined this forum a few hours ago and must have pressed something by accident!! :roll: