Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 12:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: buying a sim data only card in Playa Blanca
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:52 am 

Hi all

I visit Playa Blanca 6-7 times a year, during these stays I use my UK mobile with Vodafone on euro traveller which cost £3 per day but means I can use my uk data allowance.

I'm looking into other ways could do this...so for example buy an unlocked mifi and buy a data sim in Playa Blanca.

I wonder if anyone knows the cost of a data sim over there and how much data I'd get with that??

Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: buying a sim data only card in Playa Blanca
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:26 pm 

Hi Nica,
Did you find a good value Data SIM card in Lanzarote?

I have an unlocked MiFi and am looking to buy a Data SIM card for use
in Lanzarote.

Any advice appreciated.

Best Wishes,
Dave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:50 pm 

Hi, not sure whether this will help, but like you we visit Lanzarote as often as possible :D . We live in the U.K. And have phones with 3. With this company they have a list of countries where you can use your data allowance, phone and text minutes just as you would in the UK. Spain and therefore Lanzarote are on the list. When we land we restart the phones (which then show Movistar as the carrier) and off we go! We don't pay any extra unless we are calling premium or Spanish numbers, which is basically the same as at home. I would add that we're not technology junkies, but we do check e-mails, the bank and sometimes the news. We don't have internet in our villa but seem to have a good connection in PB, though we are close to Montana Rioja (not sure whether this makes it better or worse).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:41 pm 

Hi there.

I ended up getting a three sim in the uk as per he last post you can use data abroad in Spain for no extra cost. It was fine in the mifi for checking emails. When it came to watching 'tv' it was hopeless and a waste of time.

I've gone back to using my uk Vodafone mobile, set up a hot spot. With my new Vodafone contract no extra charge can use my data, signal and service is great.