Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Car Rental
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:11 pm 

Hi,

We've booked Car Hire through Autoreisen next week. We have used them before and were perfectly happy, it was a personal recommendation to us and they do seem a little lower on prices than the others.

However just had an email today offering us "Comfort Plus" insurance. Naturally they try to upsell!! It says this covers:

1) Punctures, damages to the rims, tyres and underside of the car.
2) Loss or damage of keys and remote controls.
3) Wrong refueling.

I'm not worried about 2) or 3), but would have thought punctures / rim damage would be quite common, and would be covered by their standard "comprehensive" insurance. Anyone know if this is covered as "standard" by the other hirers? Anyone had experience of a puncture with Autoreisen and did you get charged for it?

Thanks,

Jon and Cortine

Post subject: Re: Car Rental
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:32 am 

Hi
Afraid you have not been reading the ´´T&Cs´´ of your hire agreement...tyres etc are always excluded from cover no matter who you hire from.......always has been excluded

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 am 

I've used Autoreisen many times, I cant fault them. Best value for money on the island me thinks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:01 pm 

Thank-you both for your useful replies - I guess I should have read the small print!

I'll probably just take the punt then!

Looking forward to getting out there again. Anyone with a villa to sell privately in Playa Blanca please get in touch - no planning issues though please!!!

Thanks,

Jon and Cortine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:23 pm 

Hi
´´ Anyone with a villa to sell privately in Playa Blanca please get in touch - no planning issues though please!!!´´
Well that rules out 90% of the resort.....apart from the recently adopted ¨¨Plan Parcial Montaña Roja´´ :lol:
Good luck with that one :shock: :? :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:21 am 

Arrrr, I wondered why they are as cheap as chips compared with the rest of the island. Is this the same for Guime also?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:33 am 

Wow ´´cheap as chips ´´ :lol: :oops: ....all properties including those in PB have nearly doubled in price (at least !!) since the recession ´´ended´´--------you should have bought 2 or 3 years ago when most were under or around the 100000€ mark or even cheaper if repossessions----which should the UK exit the EU may well happen again......buying a property anywhere on the island needs a really good lawyer as Guime like most places has properties that do not conform to current Spanish rules and regulations....definitely a ´´caveat emptor´´ island as regards property :( :?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:47 pm 

We had a Cabrera medina car one year and caught tyres coming down hill from Femes towards PB. Punctured two tyres. Cabrera were excellent, sorted it and didn't charge a penny (we hadn't paid any extra for cover). They replaced the car without a problem and in fact they retrieved it from where it was too. We were really stressed about the whole thing so it was such a relief. Appreciate we couldn't rely on this all the time.

We use either Cabrera or autoreisen, which ever is cheaper. We don't pay extra for that cover, just are a little more careful!

They don't push the cover when you pick the car up, just put a laminate in front of you but no hard sell.