Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 11:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: comedy betting shop
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:03 am 

Went in to arthurs bar on sat 29th sept to back some horses. Started to write out my line. Barmaid came over and said what do you want to drink. I said i wasnt waiting. She said you cant back a horse if you dont buy a drink. So i left phoned scotland and put my £200 on the horses i fancied. Guess wot. They all lost. Im just glad greedy arthur didnt get my money. so beware of greedy arthur and his mickey mouse bookies.

Post subject: Re: comedy betting shop
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:47 pm 

As gambling is illegal in the Canaries at the moment ....the only way to put a bet on is to use the ´´sports bars´´ who......reasonably enough in my opinion.....simply ask you to buy a drink......any drink...to cover themselves in the case of a Police raid in that you are legitimately drinking in the establishment.....which is after all licenced as a bar....NOT a bookies...so you can see why they ask this.......Arthurs is one of the longest established ´sports bars´´ and until now I have never heard anyone complain about being asked to buy a drink.......after all 1,50€ or 2,00 for a beer is literally quite small ´´beer´´ compared to how much you boast you lost :oops: :shock: ......really don´t see the problem(especially as a phone call to Scotland probably cost around the same price :roll: )

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:17 pm 

Unless he used the free Wi-fi and skype'd Scotland? :twisted:

Just buy a drink.........

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:30 pm 

Throwing away £200 on a bet? Wow, good decision!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:19 pm 

davymac wrote:
Went in to arthurs bar on sat 29th sept to back some horses. Started to write out my line. Barmaid came over and said what do you want to drink. I said i wasnt waiting. She said you cant back a horse if you dont buy a drink. So i left phoned scotland and put my £200 on the horses i fancied. Guess wot. They all lost. Im just glad greedy arthur didnt get my money. so beware of greedy arthur and his mickey mouse bookies.

Im not sure if your post is to complain about a bar who are putting on a service for your convenience, or to brag about how its no problem to you to lose 200 quid on the horses, but either way I doubt if you'll get any sympathy here.

Incidentally I've never been in Arthur's but I have been in other bars who provide the facility, and as far as I know the policy in them all is "please buy a drink".

Maybe if you had sat down and relaxed with your drink, you might have picked better horses!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:04 pm 

OMG, what a mean spirited crabbit whinge bag. I've been to a few sports bars with my mates who like the nags, and most have a sign stating their rules for taking bets include buying a drink (Been to Arthurs a few times and last there on Grand National this year but have to be honest and say I've not noticed a sign in Arthurs but not looked for it). I don't really bet, just have a pint with my mates who always seem to win crazy money. It's the way it works in Lanza, and really what sort of person goes on holiday to Lanza and doesn't welcome a pint in el scorchio sunshine? If you don't like it, don't go. The way you're making out, they are as big rip off merchants as the electronic shops. Only kidding, they're not really, you may like to go in one and look at a camera..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:39 am 

When I used to bet a few years ago, and visiting the Canaries, we simply logged on as normal on the betting websites and laid our bets.

p.s. I don't drink or frequent bars during the day.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:32 pm 

davymac, the clue is arthurs is a bar (not a bookies)
ofcourse you should have bought a drink.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:56 pm 

hi everyone who slagged me for not buying adrink when I went to arthurs bar to place a bet in 2012. just to let you know I will be back on 29/09/14. if you would like to meet me in arthurs bar on tues 30th at 1.30 I will gladly buy you a drink but Arthur is on to plumbs. p.s. you will know me as I will have a horse head on.love davy mac.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:30 pm 

davymac wrote:
hi everyone who slagged me for not buying adrink when I went to arthurs bar to place a bet in 2012. just to let you know I will be back on 29/09/14. if you would like to meet me in arthurs bar on tues 30th at 1.30 I will gladly buy you a drink but Arthur is on to plumbs. p.s. you will know me as I will have a horse head on.love davy mac.

are you sure you have n
ot been on the beer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:53 am 

are you sure you have n
ot been on the beer[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: