Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: coronas playa
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:52 pm 

I am going to the Coronas Playa in two weeks time and intend walking to La Cucharas beach daily as it looks O.K. Trouble is, I,ve just developed a painful knee condition which is unlikely to be better in time. Could anyone tell me how far and how long it will take from Coronas to La Cucharas please?

Post subject: Re: coronas playa
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:16 pm 

It usually takes about 15 minutes it's about half a mile away. Just take your time, walk along the sea front until you reach the Toledo restaurant, then bare left up the path passed Oasis Lanz Club, then down to thw beach it's quicker that way. Then there is always the bus or a taxi which is about the same price as the bus.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:05 pm 

Margaret, many thanks for your quick reply which is good news for me. I can easily manage half a mile and would prefer to walk anyway rather than get the bus or taxi. Cheers TC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:04 pm 

there is a beach just in front of the hotel too,playa bastian,sandy beach but rocky entrance to the sea,nice for people watching tho!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:18 pm 

Thanks Jude, nice to know I can choose whichever beach depending on how fit I am at any particular time. People-watching? Like everyone else it's hobby of mine when sunbathing!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:21 pm 

We’re off to Lanzarote in 3 weeks, at Easter, staying at the Coronas Playa on a Thomson Gold holiday. This is the first visit to Lanzarote, and we’re swayed by the good reviews seen elsewhere.

Any info or tips members here can give me on the best rooms, cash machines, decent restaurants/bars, things to do/see nearby would be very helpful.

We’re both in our mid 50’s so not quite at the geriatric stage yet.

Many thanks in advance, Sid.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:06 am 

Hi Sid -Coronas Playa is in the playa bastian side of CT so well served with plenty of bars/restaurants and ATM's - lovely stroll to the town centre along the prom ( or through the playa bastian complex) and there you'll find everything you need also, restaurants are aplenty but personally we find it difficult to pass the Chinese banquet restaurant !!!! the clientelle at the Coronas does look to be to be a more mature crowd !but to be honest CT is always fairly sedate but it might get a bit livlier at easter - have a good trip - Enjoy :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:23 pm 

Coronas Playa is a bit out of the way. Walking wise, it could get to be a bit of a bind, especially in the mid day sun.. Taxis are pretty cheap though. And it fronts onto the sea.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:43 pm 

Many thanks for your replies, we're looking forward to a nice relaxing break.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:29 pm 

Sid, Costa Teguise is a purpose built resort, like Puerto del Carmen, and Playa Blanca, where I live, have become. They cover about 3% of Lanzarote and, whilst pleasant for a pool and bar holiday, don't tell you what the island is like. Most of the rest is a sleepy farming and fishing land with some spectacular, and unique, landscapes. If you do nothing else to prepare yourself, google Cesar Manrique, and see how he saved the island from being over-run by tourism. When you are here, visit some of his works, especially his foundation in Tahiche, and be amazed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:39 pm 

Thanks for that, John, we'll certainly take a look at Tahiche, during our 2 weeks in Costa Teguise.

I'm sure the other half will be snapping pics of every roundabout she sees.