Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 4:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: cost of refurbing and furnishing one bed apartment.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:19 am 

Hi,Can anyone give me a rough price to refurbish and furnish a one bed apartment in pdc.In a process of buying in pdc any input or advice would be great.New kitchen,bathroom,tiling etc.etc.Also is ikea the best and cheapest option to buy furniture...joe

Post subject: Re: cost of refurbing and furnishing one bed apartment.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:02 am 

Hi
1st question...........¿Habla Español?.....you will find a significant price difference between Spanish builders and English builders....9 times out of 10 the Spanish will be slightly cheaper....BUT usually only speak their own language so this can cause difficulties in explaining what you want........same applies to furnishing stores....but there is always IKEA (the modern equivalent of MFI)should you require self -assembly rubbish that rarely lasts a year
For builders whose main language is English look in The Gazette classifieds....plenty of them advertise in there,offering free estimates
IKEA is located on the outskirts of Arrecife by Puerto Marmoles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:58 pm 

I have been recommended a English builder,by several people now.Just wondering costs of furnishing and average cost of refurbing on quite a tightish budget so would like a rough price thanks...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:56 pm 

I've just fully refurbed my one bedroom apartment. I got 4 quotes and all ranged from 14 to 16 thousand euros. I then furnished it 90% from Ikea products and although I picked products that suited me it added another 5 grand to my costs.

So if you like me needed a full refurb you may plan for 18-20 thousand euros.

When viewing apartments (which took me 3 visits over a period of 6 months) all the sales guys said could get work done for 12k but didn't turn out to be the case.

If you pm me with your e-mail I'll send you some photo's of our finished place and will answer any further questions you might have.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:26 pm 

thanks for advice quite a bit more than I assumed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:06 pm 

I agree some of Ikea furniture is cheap but not everything is bad.

We refurbished our apartment and picked Ikea kitchen units and they are fantastic quality. My husband, a builder, fitted it himself and the units, hinges, runners etc are far superior to the Schreiber one we have in UK. topped with a granite worktop the kitchen looks far more expensive than it actually was. We also have a lovely vanity unit in the bathroom that was very reasonable and gets lots of compliments.

I would say shop around for fittings and furniture, we did'nt find one single place that had everything we needed at a good price, the oven from Deiland, fridge/freezer Ferreteria Tias, bathroom and tiles from Indelasa etc.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:53 pm 

I think you could probably cut some costs but if you need new/updated electrics and plumbing then it will be tight. The tiles are very cheap to buy but again it's the labor costs that add up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:19 pm 

Hello, I've recently bought a apartment the kitchen was in generally condition and bathroom too.
I had the whole place painted, new mastic around the bath and grouting patched up,new light fittings and electrics checked,sink waste repaired,new hot water tank fitted new electric hob fitted and wired.
The whole place cleaned and security gates fitted.
All the furniture from ikea including sofa,bed curtains and all linen and kitchen appliances such as kettle toaster and the like.
Labour costs 380 euro,s
Furniture 2150 euro,s
Security gates 1200 euro,s

The ikea furniture wasn't all the cheapest but around the middle of the range stuff.

Hope that helps.

John