Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Countryside walks, no place for a wee
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:56 pm 

I've been walking about in Guime, San Bartolomé, Masdache, Montana Blanca ... doing my 10-15km country walks. I could make my walks longer, but I can never find a place to wee :D Really a silly question, what do people do when their bladder is bursting and they are in the middle of nowhere? I've been trying to concentrate my walks in the countryside and I don't want to do it in someone's vineyard :lol: I must confess a few days ago I hid in a very little bush by the road but I was very uncomfortable because there was so much traffic on the road, I didn't even know if this could be an offense. Anybody knows if it's an offense to have a wee in the small bushes?

Post subject: Re: Countryside walks, no place for a wee
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:36 pm 

I walk in a group with up to 30 ladies (and a similar number of men). It is almost always the ladies who need to wee, but it's not very common. I think the idea is is to walk hard enough to sweat, and only to drink if you are really thirsty. Being slightly dehydrated for an hour or so isn't a problem, and you can drink your fill after walking. The answer to your question is that it's OK doing it discretely in the country, but avoid people's gardens :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:40 am 

LOL, thanks john b. I definitely haven't even considered people's gardens, first given the amount of intimidating dogs that bark at me in nearly every home I pass. Yes I've been drinking my two good litres of water while walking. Nice people, I even got gifted some lemons by a Spanish farmer, despite the difficulty in communicating. Just another 3 days walking in this beautiful island and I'm off again. I hear England is warming up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:08 pm 

So, there's the difference. I'd only drink two litres if I were climbing a great deal over about 5 hours in the height of the Summer. Last week I climbed about 500 metres and covered about 10 Km over 2.5 hours and only drank about 0.5 litres. I drank quite a lot afterwards, but not during. I think you are drinking an unnecessary amount. You know that urine should be a light straw colour. If it is almost colourless you are drinking too much.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:23 pm 

Thanks very much john b. I am now back to "little" England and surprise the sun is shining today.

I will definitely be coming back to Lanza in December and March with the aim of doing hiking and climbing. It proved difficult this time for me to join organised groups as either they were not having enough people requesting a difficult hike, or I was way out of their picking areas. So I planned my one solo hikes and climbed Montana Blanca. I hope you wouldn't mind if I asked to join you on your hikes/climbs, I promise not drink as much water so I won't need a wee:)

Thanks, Wanji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:49 pm 

Wow !!!
You people are POSH !
:wink:
Ole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:51 pm 

Mrs B and I have just returned from climbing Pico Naos from the coast in hot sunshine - 440 metres up and down. Not bad for pensioners! I drank 500 cc.