Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dave Miller - The Two Wheels
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:14 am 

Just wondering if anyone ever heard from Dave Miller after he left the island a few years ago. Or Parky, for that matter.

They used to have 'The Two Wheels' in the Old Town.

Thanks,
K.

Post subject: Re: Dave Miller - The Two Wheels
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:21 am 

As far as I know Dave sold up Two Wheels and moved across the road to open a restaurant area above the ??? (sorry can’t remember the bar), but I don’t think that lasted too long and think I heard that he’s moved to Germany (wasn’t his mother German ?).
Great bar Two Wheels !
Ole

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:48 am 

Yeah, thats the last i heard of him too - that he'd gone to Germany. I know his father died a few years back and there was some difficulty in contacting Dave then. Have heard nothing since.

The Two Wheels was a mighty spot alright. I worked there briefly in 2000. The food was fairly top notch too. Dave's curries could cause spontaneous combustion at times! I think i met more characters from the island in those few months that i worked there, than during the rest of my time in Lanzarote. The Two Wheels was a magnet for lunatics.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:50 am 

Erm, Kier I found I rather gravitated to the Two Wheels, so maybe you’re right about it being a magnet for lunies !
Dave was more than a bit of a loonie himself, how he got away with what he used to say was unbelievable, although someone did turn the bar over one night. If I remember rightly he had a very attractive lady friend, and did he also sometimes wear a full white Navy suit (or have I imagined that ?)
Wasn’t Parky also called Dave ? I think he went across the rd as well ?

The food there was a revelation !

Ole

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:50 am 

Where exactly was The Two Wheels as i have never heard of it and what's in its place?????????

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:57 am 

You could always safely assume that you were never the biggest loon in The Two Wheels when either Dave Miller or Dave Parky were around. They were best friends and their own biggest enemies too.

I remember some of the things either of them used to come out with at times. All said in good taste, of course! (Especially to people coming out of the toilets :roll: )

They used to dress up whenever the mood took them - cavemen, Yorkshire lads, German WW2 soliders and yeah, naval personal too.

The Two Wheels used to be on the corner, as you walk into Centro Olivin. (Egyptian) Tony had the English Supermarket there now, the last time i was back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:05 pm 

Thanks Kieran i know the area, few other bars in there, namely The Sports Bar and Nellie's Bar next door, plus of course the " Night Club " up the stairs, if you want to call it that???????????

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:51 pm 

Dave Miller Sr. actually opened 'Miller's Africa' - it was a disco-bar originally.

Before it became 'Africa Miller' and changed its, ahem, "business" status :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:30 pm 

Ah yes - Africa Miller !! I'd never made the connection before Doh !

Always thought of it as some sort of voodoo temple, never went anywhere near it.

Ole

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:29 pm 

Not sure about Dave, last I heard he was in Germany. Spoke to Parky last month he is still in Lancs and window cleaning, seems to be doing ok. When I speak to him next I will tell him they are still remembered he he