Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: dear or what
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:07 pm 

LaEsquina wrote:
Hi Madstock,
We charge €1.50 for a large beer and €2.00 for a large soft drink - cant speak for anybody else though :D
Meat - sorry mate we stopped doing the free nuts due to the British public watching a certain documentary on bacteria on nuts,so we ended up throwing more away than were being eaten :shock:
Excellent prices LaEsquina and I've heard nothing but good reports about your bar so you must be doing something right. :)

Keith.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:34 pm 

There you go Madstock 2 euro for a soft drink your in mate! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:25 pm 

keith the reason youve heard no bad remarks on the bar is simply cos there are none :wink: i personally dont reccomend bars to people unless there worth it ask bob :lol: c u in a few weeks esquinay :lol: (no nuts wot am i gonna eat for 10 days)

love meatxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:35 pm 

meatloaf wrote:
keith the reason youve heard no bad remarks on the bar is simply cos there are none :wink: i personally dont reccomend bars to people unless there worth it ask bob :lol: c u in a few weeks esquinay :lol: (no nuts wot am i gonna eat for 10 days)

love meatxx
No nuts = more room for beer Meat :wink:

Quote:
There you go Madstock 2 euro for a soft drink your in mate!
In the interests of saving money I will have to drink the beer as it's only 1.50 Geoff :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:51 pm 

hey madstock ,me and the missus are just trying to stop laughing, did mean chef, did go in the wax bar they were good, cafe 34 not to bad the snug faro park, to name a couple,but as i say i try to go to the spainish bars and resturants, as in when in spain so to speak, but in general most english place's were cheaper, even though not going in but just by looking at the menu's and offer boards, and in honesty were proberly the friendliest, another thing that amazed me, was in the big playa blanca cloths shop up the high street,the one with all the designer stuff, (MMMMM) picked up a pair off white rebok classic's, they had a price tag of 90 euro's i nearly fell over , in the uk you'll be lucky to pay £25 , i know people who read my post will proberly think im a disgruntled lanzarote hating holidaymaker, which is further from the truth, myself my wife and kids love it there, we were just dissapointed, an example a friend of ours who did live out there used to go to the spanking monkey in pdc and pay 10 euro's for a carvery, she thought that was quite good until i told her our local toby's carvery is £3.59

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:51 pm 

Glad you both took it in the humorous way it was intended Mr C. :)

I too agree that some bars have got to take a good hard look at themselves and decide whether they want to continue to charge rip off prices and probably go out of business or cut costs and survive.
Lanzarote (in my opinion) faces a very hard year ahead as the fall in the Pound against the Euro makes it very unattractive compared to places like Turkey and Egypt and the dreaded option of AI becomes more and more attractive to the people who do come.
I also read the following report this week which is more cause for concern.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel ... 470860.ece

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:16 pm 

hey madstock, the point i was trying to make, all be it proberly very badly exactly, and the news link very interesting, as funny enough we went into the travel agents today and got prices for all inclusive for the first time ever, and to be honest we really don't want to go down that road as we really enjoy getting out and about,a real problem as to know what to do,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:06 am 

Yes the British general public are not going to venture so far this year, even when you look at such islands as Mallorca and Minorca which have spanish soverinty. People will opt for these destinations rather than long flights.
I must admit when myself and Mrs H went at the end of November the trading was very poor, never seen so many PRs trying to get people into the bars and restaurants. Normally the strip is quite at this time but still stiil vibrant.
As for all inclusive, it isnt as good value as it used to be and I dont think it will make much of a difference during the , ''credit crunch era''. A friend of mine has just come back from the Caribean having been on all inclusive board. He commented that the quality and service was far superior to the European offers. Again really it is down to the individual but you will still pay higher for all inclusive because they will capitalise on the current climate/situation and hike the price. Best to shop around and in some instances book independantly from the package holidays you can make quite a saving.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:18 pm 

I think that because Lanza has been so much cheaper over the years now it is "normal" priced it is becoming a bit of a surprise to everyone.

Before even the biggest tourist trap in PDC or PB was still vaguely cheap - think you just need to be careful when ordering now.

I don't get where you are getting charged such hi prices for vina sol for example - that just sounds wrong.

PS...Not sure why you would want to buy reebok classics in the first place!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:13 pm 

hey foods, your missing the point, i don't want to buy any trainers, im just looking around the shops before having a drink do a bit of people watching and then going for something to eat, there's a new shop only just opened up , up the pb high st called the factory outlet shop, saw a nice polo top thought if it was about 25-30 euro's i might invest, looked at who made it (marshell knight never heard of him) and how much, 78 euro's, showed my wife and the guy noticed came over and said have'nt finished marking price's down it'll be around half that, he said good designer top, i said i've never heard of him and even that price was to much for polo top in a lanzarote shop , i ask him why he thinks people would pay that price he shrugged his shoulders and looked bewildered, whilst we there in oct 07 designer shop opened opposite cafe 34, next to blue willis, nice stuff but very exspensive, me and the missus remember having a conversation saying we would be suprised if it was there same time next year and true to form theres a chinese tat shop there. i can't understand why these people think holiday makers will pay these price's its hardly milan or san tropez, after all as loverly as it is it is still only playa blanca. i'm sort of getting the impression that readers think i'm lying or topping it up which is not the case, i have no reason to, some of my best holidays were there , and would not rule going back if price's were abit more sensible. yes its dear in the uk but no where near that dear, even the young couple i sat next to on the plane said they could'nt believe how dear it was and they stayed in pdc, and she works for thomson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:31 pm 

and i though we were supposed to be promoting our kids to not to drink ! lager or beer cheaper than soft drinks !!!!!!!! you should be ashamed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:51 am 

I agree coolhand! I found it very expensive,, mainly due to the exchange,, we were paying £1 for a euro.. I did think everyone had put their prices up though and the prices in the supermarkets were awful! £2.86 for a loaf!! Was glad to get back to our over inflated prices :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:28 am 

2.86 for a loaf?!!! What were you buying? Gold leaf bread made by the king of spain?!!!

The designer clothes shops have always been expensive - the lacoste shop in Playa Blanca has always been selling shirts for 70 or 80E its not a new thing.

PS can you spread you text out a little - us with a short attention span zone out with all that closely typed text!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:37 pm 

foodie wrote:
2.86 for a loaf?!!! What were you buying? Gold leaf bread made by the king of spain?!!!

You would have thought so, but no just an ordinary kingsmill loaf,,well I say ordinary,, they have dates for 6 months later on them!! my daughter won't eat anything else!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:02 pm 

€2.37 in Puerto del Carmen for kingsmill. The local baguettes, long version €0.75.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next