Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: dear or what
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:56 am 

Jeez what is this - some sort of witch hunt.

1) £3 is ludicrous for a loaf of bread whatever country you are in. If little foodie whenever he or she turns up, will have to learn economics pretty fast. And anyway this is a ludicrous arguement as never have and never will eat bl**dy kingsmill!! Its wholemeal and bakery bread all the way in the foodie household. Plus as we are in a recession I would have thought £3 loaves of bread would be the first to go as there is a readily available cheaper alternative.

I've never had kingsmill - being bought up in the country up north it was either home made bread or from the village bakery - so plastic sliced white bread was neither a treat nor available readily.

Thats the whole problem with childhood obesity (and please god I am not pointing fingers at anyone on here before you all take offence) Food is either used as a treat or a bribe, - and totally agree with the Jamie Oliver school dinners thing on this one that they should eat proper food from early age.

No wonder you lot think lanza is expensive if your understanding of money is such as above....

2) Lanzatw@ - get lost - considering you could never come up with a preferred holiday destination your opinions am afraid are worth nothing!

3) Cymmon - I must admit i should try out Arrecife more - have been so many times yet never make it to Arrecife or head straight past to Arrieta etc

4) Phil/WMD - glad you got your dog back - but you miss the point - sliced bread after a week in lanza environment doesn't bear thinking about! Glad you got him back but 500E?! And I reckon your dog was kidnapped! 500E fugg me.

5) Agree you don't want to worry about cutting corners all the time - but £3 for a loaf of bread?!! Sorry to keep on repeating but its barmy!

6) Ole you really have got the wrong end of the stick with the wine thing. The 1% is on the rare occaisions when we might go for an italian and they will be offering a pinot grigio or something. And no it is not extra. You seem to think that Lanza and spanish wine is inherently inferior?! Its not - I can't see the point you are making other than to argue for arguings sake! I served spanish wine at my wedding in the UK FFS, can't get enough of the stuff!

7) Re. weatherspoons - it seems to be a regional thing - most outside London are good boozers, the one's in London are disgusting scary places which you can't get in get in with out being entangled by dogs on string.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:06 am 

That Kingsmill bread is vile .

What kinda bread are you eating that has a 12 month sell by date.

I have ditched all bread 99% from my diet and feel ten times better for it.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:35 am 

Quote:
7) Re. weatherspoons - it seems to be a regional thing - most outside London are good boozers, the one's in London are disgusting scary places which you can't get in get in with out being entangled by dogs on string.
Lol @ Foodie
I couldn't agree more with your description but I would add also that here in Birmingham your in danger of tripping over stolen goods. Another tip, if you need a seat just shout WORK and the place will clear. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 pm 

As you can see Foodie isn't a Parent yet :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:41 pm 

Maybe not - but i know my bread!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm 

The local crusty rolls with a slice or two of corned dog and a couple of slices of tomato ! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:38 pm 

spoke to my newsagent today, he said he's just come back from teneriffe we got talking , he said it was exspensive there as well, dam where are we to go this summer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:27 pm 

Blackpool and Fleetwood! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:31 pm 

good call