Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Does anyone know?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:29 pm 

That's a bit sexist, not all men are the same, so how can he be typical? If you really thought they were all like him, you'd be joining a convent :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:01 am 

Looks like he has moved on, I wouldn't waste any more time worrying about it. if he's not already married he could just have taken up with someone else

However if you are determined to find out, why not get a cheap flight over there ?

Danny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:56 am 

Walker - yes, you're right I shouldn't be so sexist but do think that lots of guys are like that. I certainly have no plans to join a convent - yet!!!

Danny - last week it really bothered me, I'm much better now, just wanted to sort it out in my head. I already have a flight booked for my next (tentatively arranged with him) trip so will still go as I know I can have a few days of enjoyment with or without him. Not going to lose any more sleep (or money)!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:02 pm 

hi folks, couldnt let this topic pass by without me commenting on it, especially as ive now been mentioned, nice to know i have left an impression on ppl lol. But firstly, foodie, im very upset with you, i thought we were friends, yet you question my personal hygiene lol, as im sure youre aware im not the type to be bothered by ppls comments lol, but i can assure you the scampi name only comes from the food scampi, nothing else lol!!!!
Focker, why did you put bout us not sh**ging!!!! I know we havent but u just seemed to come out with that out the blue, no one asked you did they????
Abergirl, gonna make it quick as i could be here all day otherwise. Dont listen to phillloyd as he has no idea, and you are def right about the guy not giving a **** now, sorry but its true, and best you learn that now, like u said before wasting money or time on him. They really are all the same, well 99%, incase anyone moans at me, coz there prob is 1 decent one out there. A couple of them say they are from gran canaria, and i do know one from there but am trying to think what his name is. I also know 2 jamals and a couple of abdullahs, but not sure who u r talking about im afraid.
To be honest, im sure like mine, he had a partner, prob a wife who was away at the time, and he had fun with you, and now his wife is back he doesnt wanna know. Thats why its best to go there knowing that and not get any feelings involved and treat it only as a bit of no strings fun. Much more fun for the both of you that way.
Ok well thats it from this scampi, hope youve read my story, well u said u had actually, and learnt from it!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:39 pm 

Hi Abergirl, I was in a similar situation to you after a holiday in Tenerife but I found the person I was looking for using a site called wemetlastnite.com. Its pretty good I also met a lad who I met travelling on there a few weeks ago and we're now mates on facebook now we got connected. Just thought I would let you know as I know what it is like when you cant find someone you got along with!
All the best

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:34 pm 

His nickname, El Mamo, says it all, it means the sucker.
It´s a well known Spanish "knock knock" type of joke:
Person A: Oye, te anda buscando El Mamo.
[Hey, the Mamo is looking for you.]
The other person, not knowing who the Mamo is, answers:
Person B: ¿Qué Mamo?
[What Mamo?] [However, in Spanish this also means "What do I suck?"]
Person A: Ésta.
[This one.] - Referring to his penis.
Everyone then falls about laughing...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:58 pm 

Mr AF and Lis48 - thanks for the posts.

I thought it was about time I updated ... it wasn't that I didn't know where he was, and it wasn't that we had had some little holiday romance, we had spent 5 months getting to know each other culminating in me staying with him for over a week earlier in the summer. Because I had read on this site about some of the guys, I wanted to make sure he wasn't one of the 'players' that people spoke about. The fact that nobody knew who he was made me feel happier.

The upshot of this is that he did get in touch, gave excuses (not really acceptable in my mind), I have seen him since and we are in occasional contact.

Who knows why he decided to blank me? Maybe he just decided it was easier for him that way than to explain that he didn't actually want to continue to be in a relationship with me. Nevertheless, we are now friends again, we will keep in touch and see each other again, either in Lanzarote or in England.

Liz48 - I found your 'knock knock' explanation very amusing.

Thanks everyone x