Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Does anyone know?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:51 pm 

The usual story I'm afraid! Met a guy at the beginning of the year in a bar in PDC, got chatting and spent the night and most of the next day together. Came home to England a day later and he started texting me. We kept in touch this way for a couple of weeks, then starting talking on the phone daily. To cut a long story short, came back to PDC with a friend for 2 weeks and spent a lot of time with this chap, then spent a week with him on my own a few weeks later. Everything appeared to be going well, he said he was single and hadn't been in a relationship for 18 months or so.

After we had spent the week together (he was working during the day) but we lived in the same apartment for this time, I came back to England having discussed when we would next see each other and it was decided that I would come back soon, then he would come to England to visit me. We got on really well and there was no indication of anything strange. Three days after coming home, he started ignoring and cutting off my calls. No response to texts either. No explanation.

Does anyone know this guy? He goes by the name of El Mamo. He lived in Playa Blanca for some years, working as a chef. Now he lives in PDC and works at the Europa Hotel/Apartments. He doesn't appear to go out that often to bars - but he sometimes goes to Ruta 66. I know a couple of his mates are called Jamal and Abdullah.

Can anyone shed any light on his circumstances? I truly never got the impression he was married or in a relationship but the complete silence since I have come home leads me to think that there must be someone else.

Thanks in anticipation of some news!

Post subject: Re: Does anyone know?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:01 pm 

Don't know him, but sounds like you're well-shot of him. Count your blessings, and I'm sure many a female reading this will use this information wisely.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:11 am 

Thanks. At least with the lack of replies, I can be reassured that he is not well known amongst readers!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:39 pm 

Well under the El Mamo name maybe not but what about his other names....?!

Don't waste your time worrying - why are you so worried there is someone else?! You had your fun there was never going to be any longevity in it, the morrocan boys are not looking for a long term relationship! Without an EU passport they are hardly going to be settling down in the UK with you are they?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:42 pm 

Understand your comment Foodie but he's not Moroccan, he was born in Gran Canaria. He has an EU passport and lived in the UK for 3 years (2003-2006), so that was never an issue.

I know it sounds silly but I did think that it was more than just a bit of fun ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:58 pm 

We get these type of threads every year without fail. Some of them are really funny.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:46 am 

Trufflehound - I totally agree, and they seem to attract a lot of response. That's why I posted in the first place as I thought that someone may know him ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:58 am 

Morning,
Give Scampi's post a good read :wink: :wink:
SO, what are you asking people? Even if they do know him, what do you want???
He has blanked

Last edited by User Not Registered on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:59 am 

Morning Focker - yes I did read Scampi's post which prompted me to write mine, and yes, it gave me a lot of amusement.

I guess what I wanted to know was whether or not he was well known and therefore one of the 'players' or whether or not, for whatever reason, he decided to behave like a complete t**t after all these months.

I'm soooo disappointed you did get it on with Scampi lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:17 am 

I'd be slightly concerned about a girls personal hygiene if their nickname was scampi......

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:18 pm 

perhaps she thought you were kindred spirits - foodie plus scampie???

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:16 pm 

I can understand how you must feel, but I must say he is probably best forgotten,you can see these lads all over the holiday spots of Europe trying the same thing with young girls.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:20 pm 

Thanks Pretz, but I have to admit that I am not such a 'young girl' and should know better!!!! We are both in our late 30's.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:06 pm 

hi abergirl,don't listen to them,i am sure he loves you very much and has just mislaid your email address and phone number :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:41 pm 

Haha thanks for that philloyd - definitely not the case! He knows where I am and how to get hold of me. Just another typical man (irrelevant of nationality) taking the easy way out ...