Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dog poo old town
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:45 am 

I am a regular visitor to PDCarmen,wouldn't go anywhere else.on my last visit in October I stayed in the old town overlooking the harbour,just at the bottom of the zig zag steps,had a fantastic holiday,I only have one bad thing to say,the local dog owners or most of them in the area,don't seem to think they need to pick up there doggy poo,I only went on the rocks ones,for that reason,I think someone needs to put signs up like in the UK,it sort of helps I'm sure.its a pity it's such a lovely resort.quite disrespectful to the holidaymakers,don't you think?

Decks

Post subject: Re: Dog poo old town
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:55 am 

Yes I agree with you about the amount of ´´doggy-doo´´......signs will not make a difference though...it is illegal everywhere in Spain not to clean up after your dog.....so all locals know this...problem is enforcing it...most municipalities have at best one or maybe two enforcement officers ....and the majority of Spanish will continue to ignore signs and rules as they have for many years....it´s a culture thing...no amount of signage will make an appreciable difference.....at least those owners are exercising their animals instead of leaving them tied up outside most of the day with little or no food or water....the Spanish do not think of pets as we English do....witness the hundreds of abandoned dogs and cats thrown onto the streets every year,because the owners tire of them or move to accommodation which no longer allows them...
Responsible dog owners are few and far between here....mainly being ´´extranjeros´´(foreigners) whose original culture treats pet ownership very differently from the Spanish concept.