Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Faro Park.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:30 am 

Back to Playa Blanca this year and back to self catering in a villa hopefully, after a good few years of boring All inclusive.

Looking at Faro Park as they have a communal pool as well as the villas having there own pools. Any info on Faro park would be helpful.

Can anyone recommend a villa or even another development ?

Need 2 bedrooms and WiFi for the kids. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Faro Park.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:37 pm 

For about 10 years we used James Villas who have a few villas in Playa Blanca and are excellent.

The villa we normally use is now being advertised on http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk and we have now booked it through them. They have a lot of other villas as well on Faro Park.

Villa Plus also have villas on Faro Park.

all of the above villas referred to have private pools and a lot have wifi.

Enjoy, its a lovely area

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:52 pm 

Thanks for the info Mary.

I have now booked up on Faro 2 with John from Lanzvillaowners.com very helpful indeed.

After about 5 years or more of All inclusive, I cant wait to get back to self catering and choosing where we eat every night and not having to get up early just to get a sun bed.

Been doing some research and looks like there are some good restaurants in the Faro park area, we cant wait.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:52 pm 

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Faro Park has (in a row) a Spanish restaurant, an Italian restaurant, two supermarkets, bars, a chicken and chip take away, some other cafes - including La Mocha where we go every day for breakfast and it does fresh bread and cakes as well. If you wanted you could spend the whole holiday just in Faro Park.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:47 pm 

Hi
Quote from post above
¨¨ If you wanted you could spend the whole holiday just in Faro Park.¨¨
Well you could.......... if your idea of a holiday is to sit in a bar or restaurant(all of which face north so not much chance of a brill tan there then :? :? ). and have an absolutely stunning view.........of a 2 metre high black volcanic stone wall with the tops of houses peeping over it !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or you could get the bus or walk to the nearest beach .........a mere 3,5km away........or visit PB about 4,5km away :P :P :P
Happy holidays 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:00 pm 

I think you have forgotten Natura beach, LL, it's only a 15 min walk from Le Moka :). Of course, lots of people just like to sit in the sun in their Faro Park garden as a change from staring at the rain out of the window in UK, rather than joining the throng on the beach.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:38 pm 

Sounds great tell me more ?

It looks like we are about 300 metres or so from the restaurants.

So there's a Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Fish n Chips, Bakery, Lighthouse bar and two Supermarkets.

Only 187 days to go. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:34 am 

What Johnb forgets to mention is that to fit in there you must be at least in your dotage (60+ is good :evil: 70+ means you will be right at home with the ´´regulars´´in the bars :lol: :lol: ) and yes you can relax ( even die :roll: ) on your terrace with pool.....it will be a very long time before any one notices :? --------but the weather is better than the UK 8) 8) ....and that is it :P :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:55 am 

My reason for saying you could stay in Faro Park if you wanted to was based on the fact that some people I've spoken to on holiday, prefer to take a taxi from the airport rather than hiring a car because they want a villa holiday but dont want to drive. It's also good to know that even though you arent in a hotel you still have facilities close by if you dont feel like going into the main resort.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:25 pm 

After many holiday years we are moving on from Faro Park, the dogs have won.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:22 pm 

If you have a villa with a pool you may enjoy having it to yourself so much you wont feel the need to go to the beach as much!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:41 pm 

We are looking for a quiet and peaceful holiday in Playa Blanca and had been considering Faro Park (although slightly concerned it was a little too far away from everything as we dont plan on hiring a car). However I'm more concerned regarding a previous posting stating 'the dogs have won'.

Having had a bad experience with dogs barking last year in costa del sol this is one thing we definately want to avoid. We don't dislike dogs but we don't want to hear them around us when on holiday. Is this a problem in Faro park or any other areas of PB in general?

Please could anyone recommend a quiet area where dogs are unlikely to be an issue? We enjoy walking so dont mind 20-25 mins walk to restaurants etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is a big concern and could put us off holidaying in PB. many thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:18 pm 

living in one of the Hipoclub developments they built after Faro Park, I really wouldn't let the dog comment sway you. Where we live is very quiet. Almost anywhere you go in Spain dog noise can be a problem, it is pot luck, so don't pick an area on that basis. There are 5 Faro Parks covering many acres. The probability is that you would be hundreds of yards away from those dogs mentioned above.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:13 pm 

Thank you John for your reply. I appreciate what you are saying about it being down to luck -sadly I trusted in luck last year and it let me down badly ( even though I did a lot of research beforehand).

If anyone can recommend a quiet peaceful base within walking distance of restaurants etc where we are unlikely to be disturbed by dogs it would be much appreciated.

kind regards mariner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:32 pm 

it might be more useful to ask Berrimo which of the 5 Faro parks did he have a problem with. He is the only person on this thread to raise the issue.