Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Finca/Distressed property
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:35 pm 

Hi
thinking of buying a run down Finca in San Bartolome, needs complete overhaul. Any advice on how to research this Finca as I believe they don't have surveyors out there like we do in the UK. What sort of questions do I want to ask i.e water supply,electricit. any help, tips and advice would be great on this topic.
Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Finca/Distressed property
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:39 am 

Hi
Make sure it is not the equivalent of a ´´listed building´´ (known as ´´patrimonio´´)otherwise you are very limited in what you can do.how you can do it and will be effectively buying a ``money pit´´...need to speak to the local planning office at the ayuntamiento in which the property exists....do not just rely on the word of estate agents or vendors.....they WANT to sell it ...not interested in any future problems ...also check if it can be connected to water electric etc. as this is not always the case or can be horrendously expensive to do...lastly check and check again that no debts,charges or liens are owed....cos as well as the property ....you buy those as well :shock: :|

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:35 pm 

Hi Lanza local
thanks for your reply who would I speak to about if it would be possible to have water and electricity installed? Is it as difficult as I have been led to believe that its a nightmare to get "planning Permission".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:12 am 

Hi
Need to speak to both electricity supplier (Endesa) and water supplier (Canal Gestion Lanzarote) re costs and availability of both,,,,,,,,,and quote´´ Is it as difficult as I have been led to believe that its a nightmare to get "planning Permission".,,,,,,,,,,,,no .....its worse :( especially if it is a ´´patrimonio´´ building.....do not forget here in certain areas of Lanzarote you need permission just to paint the outside of your house !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: called a ´´licencia de menos obras´´...available from your local ayuntamiento upon application......Oh not forgetting the fee as well :mrgreen: