Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 10:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Finding Work in Puerto Del Carmen
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:42 pm 

Hi,

I’d like some advice from somebody preferable an Irish or English guy living in Puerto Del Carmen who is either in work or looking for work at the moment. I’m considering heading to Puerto Del Carmen for 3 months between August – October 2014 with a view to trying to find some form of work and to stay longer and would like to know what it is like at the moment. I understand from reading through previous posts on the subject that by all means it is not easy and something that is no widely advised to do.

I’m an Irish guy in my late 30’s and would be looking for any job that I could physically do. I have spent the past 20 odd years working in corporate IT and am a recent business graduate but I am aware that that is not great experience when looking for a job on the island. Since first holidaying there about 10 years ago and multiple times each year since I’ve always wanted to move over. I’m a single guy so would be travelling over on my own so I have not real dependencies. I don’t speak Spanish though.

So the question really is that if I were to move over for an initial 3 month period with a view to work and stay, what are the chances of actually finding work be it bar work or any other if I were to hit the streets? Do jobs actually become available at any stage? Do people move home or move on to other jobs? If so how do these jobs get filled? Does anybody hear about them or do they get advertised somewhere?

I do understand by the sounds of things it is difficult, but there has to be people who do actually move over and find work. Is that not the case at all or are there still people who do move and find work?

Any help from people with personal experience who are currently or have been recently living in Lanzarote would be great and very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jack.