Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: First trip to Lanzarote this week, have some questions.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:48 pm 

Hi everyone,

My wife and I fly out to Lanzarote this week (Thursday at 7am) and will be staying at the Hotel La Geria on a B&B basis.

As we've never been to Lanzarote before I was wondering what the average spending money would be for a couple going to Lanzarote at this time of the year?

We're not "adrenaline junkies" so don't need to go windsurfing or jet skiing, we just want to relax and at most visit the volcano restaurant and the Texas Ranch night I've seen mentioned.

Can anyone who's stayed at the La Geria recommend any good restaurants either close to the hotel or in PDC itself? Also, what's the going rate for a taxi from the La Geria to the centre of PDC? We're not clubbers so aren't interested in clubs or lively nightlife, but I'd assume the better restaurants are in PDC itself as opposed to on the outskirts where the hotel is based?

I had been looking at taking €1000 with us, but I'd prefer not to spend that much with Christmas around the corner and planned this break to Lanzarote more to get away from everything for a week rather than spend a fortune in one week.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

James

Post subject: Re: First trip to Lanzarote this week, have some questions.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:13 am 

Hi JamesMc,

[As we've never been to Lanzarote before I was wondering what the average spending money would be for a couple going to Lanzarote at this time of the year?].
Answer, If as you say you are not daft on drink etc, 400 Euro's a week would easy cover your food and drink, (even eating out at night)

[We're not "adrenaline junkies" so don't need to go windsurfing or jet skiing, we just want to relax and at most visit the volcano restaurant and the Texas Ranch night I've seen mentioned].
Answer, To eat at the Timanfaya restaurant will probably cost you in the region of 80 euro's with a drink, and Texas ranch a round 70 Euro's with a drink plus the cost of getting there.

[I had been looking at taking €1000 with us, but I'd prefer not to spend that much with Christmas around the corner and planned this break to Lanzarote more to get away from everything for a week rather than spend a fortune in one week].

That should be sufficient, but will probably get up to around the 1000 euro's in total, but if you watch what you spend you will be ok.

Enjoy your stay

Rog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:19 am 

Quite frankly I think some of the above prices are very high.

You can easily get away with €500 for the trip. Just don't have 3 courses and 2 bottles of wine with every meal. At lunch time go for tapas, cheaper but still filling.

The fire mountain restaurant, a good meal can be had, easily for less that €50.

Menu del dia are available in most restaurants and offer 3 courses for around €10, not as much choice but a definite option if you like the menu.

Enjoy your stay, just wander around restaurants for the first few days to gauge the prices.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:01 am 

Hi
If you want to book tours and nights out have a look where you buy and what they charge you. The same full day excursion to see the volcanoes and other attractions can cost between 39 and 70 Euros each, depending where you buy.
I have very good experiences with excursionslanzarote.com, they also gurantee best prices. Have a look at the website.

BTW If you stay in the La Geria hotel try the ice ream parlour to the right following the strip. really nice ice cream.

Peter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:41 pm 

Rancho Texas country night is about e40 each but includes all food and drink.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:35 pm 

I usually account for around €100 per day for myself and husband...and that's self catering so buying breakfast stuff in. I see you are b&b.....so that will save you some.

A usual night out for us is a couple of drinks then a meal out with a bottle of wine. As others say you can eat cheaply and nicely if you have a look around.

You'd have to be going some to spend €1000 in a week....so I think it's reasonable to spend far less....enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:48 pm 

Thanks to all for your kind replies, they're very much appreciated.

We've decided to take €700, as €100 a day should be more than enough. If not we'll take money out over there, but I'd rather do that instead of come home with too many Euros and have to exchange them back to pounds at a poor rate in the UK.

I've also had a look on Trip Advisor and looked at some of the restaurants for various types of food (Italian, Indian, Chinese, British, etc). My wife and I will be travelling with four other friends so taxi's into PDC from the Hotel La Geria will be a couple of Euros a head.

I've had a look at the weather for Thursday (we arrive around midday) and it shows rain and lightning! However after a rain shower on Friday it looks fine for the remainder of the week (cloudy in places but sunny and around 26/27 degrees).

I'm not going to complain as we've just began using the central heating this week here in Glasgow as its freezing in the mornings!

Thanks again to all who replied. Roll on Thursday!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:19 pm 

I just realised you were talking about 1000e for a week, I thought it was a fortnight. We just did a fortnight in PB, which is a lot more expensive than PDC and I reckoned we spent about £800.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:48 pm 

Has the situation significantly changed by the summer 2016?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:56 pm 

well, obviously prices have increased slightly...but not excessively....still reckon that the figures mentioned can be achieved by careful spending.....of course if you want trips out and lots of meals out and wish to spend a long time in bars etc then perhaps adding a couple of hundred.... but no more might be a good idea.....enjoy your hols :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:18 pm 

just be wary of how much soft drinks can add to your bill , beer is cheaper than coke and at times coke was costing the same as a meal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:30 am 

So that's good that I don't like coke :)