Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Fish Restaurants Playa Blanca
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:20 pm 

Terrierbite - whilst I don't eat red meat, my Hubbie does and loves steaks at Volcan de Timanfaya on PB sea front.

It does get extremely busy as the food is quality and reasonably priced too.

I do love their Tuna steaks myself!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:48 am 

If you go to El Golfo you sould try "El Bobavante", in front of the sea. Great rices!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:07 am 

Hi
Trip Advisor have just released their Certificate of Excellence Awards 2013......out of 220 establishments receiving the award for quality of food and service ......55 of them are in Playa Blanca....too many to list here but a full list for the whole of the island is viewable @

http://www.lanzaroteinformation.com/con ... lence-2013

together with all other resorts and categories.(Best Hotel/Attractions etc.)

Well done to all the winners

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:43 am 

The trouble is, the awards lag the scores. The Aulaga in CT has been Casa Felix for about 18 months, but is listed as the former. In my experience good restaurants go bad and bad go good in that sort of timescale.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:09 pm 

In answer to the question about steaks..by far and away the best steak I have ever had (in Lanza or anywhere else for that matter) was in Femes at Casa Emiliano. A friend introduced my wife and I to this place and it was absolutely amazing. A wonderful experience in a family run restaurant with fantastic views of the sunset. We will never visit Lanzarote without eating here. We have had lovely food at other places in PDC and Playa Quemada but even those lovely places didn't come close to Casa Emiliano.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:00 am 

ppmcutz wrote:
In answer to the question about steaks..by far and away the best steak I have ever had (in Lanza or anywhere else for that matter) was in Femes at Casa Emiliano. A friend introduced my wife and I to this place and it was absolutely amazing. A wonderful experience in a family run restaurant with fantastic views of the sunset. We will never visit Lanzarote without eating here. We have had lovely food at other places in PDC and Playa Quemada but even those lovely places didn't come close to Casa Emiliano.

How things change, we went to Casa Emiliano in 2011, had a fantastic canarian stew for lunch so decided to return at night. This is my review:-

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic- ... lands.html

Perhaps we were just unlucky, but obviously never returned after that :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:03 am 

I agree, Anne. I had a steak there once which I can only describe by saying it was like eating a dead cow! Really uunpleasant taste and texture.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:41 am 

Are you sure we are on about the same place? There are 2 restaurants there and we were warned to stay away from the one.
The one we went to grew there own veg and farmed all their own livestock. A family run business that apparently has been open for generations? My wife had gambas in garlic to start (I had mushrooms in garlic) and we then both had a steak with fresh veg and it was really lovely.(Only problem was, I had to choose to leave either most of my veg or some of the steak as I was so full...so the veg got left) :)
The friends that took us have been going for years (a couple of times a year and they said it would be one of the nicest steaks we had ever had...they were right

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:56 pm 

Yes, the one with a rose garden in front. I think it's a bit hit and miss, various friends of mine who also live here have given varying reports. If I eat in Femes, it's at Bar Femés on the roundabout. Nice tapas and prices that reflect the lack of view.

Last edited by john b on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:07 am 

Yes, we went to the one with the rose garden too. Will have a look at the other one when we return.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:55 am 

Bar Femés is where the local farmers go, and people walking in the mountains (like me). It's not touristy. Behind it, through a gateway is a cheese shop Queseria Femés. They sell different goat cheeses, some coated in pimiento etc. You can buy any quantity and they and will vacuum pack it for you with a nice label if you want to take it back to UK for a present. It's very clean and hygenic, and the lady who runs it is very pleasant.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 am 

Yes, it was definitely the one with the Rose garden that we went to. Sounds like we were lucky to be there on a good night :) Will definitely try the other suggestions when we are out again in October

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:53 am 

Must admit never had a prob at Emilianos - only issue is that they close pretty early. Always have the grouper fish (cherne i think it is)so can't comment on the steaks. One of my favourite places on the island.

The steaks in Lanza as a whole are ok imo - argentinean beef in the main which is good (and very cheap) but flavour wise not up there with the best UK stuff in my view!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:31 pm 

foodie, the south american entrecot in Hiperdino is, in my experience very tasty and succulent, especially when bbq'd - as good as anything but the most expensive stuff from Waitrose.