Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 12:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Good time to buy?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:46 pm 

Hi Rab,
Your'e right,don't stay in Playa Blanca,it's the pits ! It's full of ex-pats in there gheto's of all the same looking white cheap apartments and villas. Your'e correct in choosing Puerta del Carmen,much more happening not so pretentious as PB and lots of different things to do. Costa Teguise is quite nice but again a bit out on a limb. You will enjoy PDC and have a great time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:43 pm 

My advice would be;

Don't, under any circumstances, buy on anywhere that has a community! Very little benefit, lots of drawbacks and generally dominated by self interest. Plus, of course, the money you have to pay out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:50 pm 

I think that is a bit of a generalisation, there are some good communities which are well administered, and the benefits outweigh the cost, mine is one such. The community can have more clout with local government than the individual. However, I have heard of some poisonous ones.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:48 pm 

Quote:
Your'e right,don't stay in Playa Blanca,it's the pits ! It's full of ex-pats in there gheto's of all the same looking white cheap apartments and villas.

Opinions and facts should not be confused, and insulting people is often best avoided.

How about 'look around, stay in different areas to get a taste, and then make your own decision to suit your own tastes and requirements'?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:47 pm 

I agree with richbedford and john b's views above. We have been part of a community in Playa Blanca for 7 years and it works very well, but it's important to get involved and attend if you want to influence things. There are some poor and broken down ones, however, so best to do your research objectively, and don't listen to wild and subjective views like the one expressed above!

Playa Blanca is a great location to live, with a healthy mix of residents and holidaymakers. There is a large British and Irish contingent here, so if you are looking for something more Canarian and/or Spanish, look outside the three main resorts. There's plenty of choice and it will probably cost you less.

The one drawback of PB in my view is the longish drive from other commercial areas of a href=http://allthingslanzarote.comLanzarote</a> such as Puerto del Carmen, Arrecife and Playa Honda. But even that is in relative terms really - you can get to all these within 30 minutes.