Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 10:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: H10 Timanfaya Palace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

H10 Timanfaya Palace
Urbanizacion Montana Roja,
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote
http://www.discoverlanzarote.com/h10_ti ... palace.asp
4 Stars

Post subject: Re: H10 Timanfaya Palace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Ive stayed 3 times at the palace, and l love it, the dress code for evening is basically no shorts, although im sure in the past ive seen the odd person wearing them [:0]

Only ever peeped in the gym, it looks quite good, its right next to the pool on the ground floor so you can just walk out and throw yourself in the pool.

Spliced from timanfaya-palace-t2166.html

Post subject: Re: H10 Timanfaya Palace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:48 pm 

This hotel is in a great location. Away from the main town so quiet, but close enough to walk along the lovely promenade into town. The supermarket next door is excellent and the grounds are superb.

The hotel is Moorish style and has large well tended grounds. There are two swimming pools and a baby pool and a jacuzzi pool. The pool bar is in the middle of the pools and a really cool place to eat a bite for lunch.

The sunbeds are excellent, cosy and luxurious (not just plastic) and there are more than enough. No problems with reservations etc. There is a tiny park, (swing and slide) and a big chess board. We didn't use the animcions last time but the team in NAtura were fun for archery and shooting etc.

The rooms when we last went were great. I think some have been refurbed but charge a lot extra for these. That's my main gripe. Although well kept, I think refurbishment should be a naturl transition for a hotel, not something u have to pay premium for. That said, I like the old rooms, the bed is big and cosy and the floors are lovely tiles and so immaculately clean as are the bathrooms (I am so fussy with cleanliness!). They usually try to put young families on the ground floor to ease buggy use and make things safer which I think it really responsible.

Reception staff can be grumpy but hey ho- don't deal with them much.

Food was always excellent, and the themed nights were fab as you didn't get bored with the selection on offer.

Overall, nice hotel and well placed for a relaxing break. We are going in a few weeks, can't wait!!!

P.s. Hope that the trip ad reviews are not true. tHat's the only thing making me nervous!!!