Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: How much money to take for 7 nights?? is there much to do?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:43 pm 

Hi, I am going to Puerto Del Carmen on the 10th Nov for 7 nights, I am going with my boyfriend I am 21 he is 20 we will go out 1 night drinking but are really looking for days out and activities to do anywhere in Lanzarote.

How much do you think we should take between us?

We are also at a self catering hotel.

Also with us going in November will there be much activities open for us to do?

Post subject: Re: How much money to take for 7 nights?? is there much to d
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 pm 

nice meal at night with wine will cost around €35 each. Will you need breakfast? Either buy out, for €5 each or diy for €5 for 2. Lunch will be probably €5 each. You might want to buy more drinks, say €20 each per night and then there's transport/sun beds/medications/water/soft drinks/ice cream/chocolate etc. You would probably want to put €70 per day aside. that would not cover any emergencies/tours/boat rides etc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 pm 

Me and my partner also arrive on the 10th Nov. Its our second visit to PDC. We have set aside 150 a day - breakfast, lunch n dinner and evening drinks. Drinks are fairly cheap we have found with a pint at 1.50euro, local stuff. Meals, as long as you don't want anything too fancy every night, about 25-30 euros for 2. And then tours, boat trips from the harbour, 45-70 euro each depending on what trip your doing, dolphin safari or sea fishing. There is also trips to the volcanos, not sure how much as haven't been but I would presume around 30-50euros each. Also a bus into playa blanca and the ferry to fuertaventurer (spelling) is around 50euro each return. (Ferry is around 20minutes)
We didn't find it expensive, we ate what we wanted when we wanted, went out drinking every night and even came back with money after 7 days. (Took 1000 euros) between us.

It really does depend on what your holiday is about, we like to sit on the beach all day and snorkle etc. Drink few beers in the afternoon and have dinner and few drinks at night, we only really do trips if weathers not great.

If your going to be doing trips everyday, I would suggest you bring a few bob more. There are lots of websites that have price info and trips around lanzarote.

See u on the 10th ha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:10 pm 

There is quite a good what to do index in the orange band at the left of this page.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:22 am 

Don't worry there is always plenty to do in Lanzarote, you will find more older couples this time of the year.
I will be back on Island on 23rd of this month for a week so looking forward to it.
Since you are young I'd suggest doing the scuba diving (we used manta diving), I took my son and his friend both 16 and I'm 41 and I think I enjoyed it more than them lol, also the go-karting is good and rather going on your own the bar on the main strip called sunset beach does a free mini bus service and you go as a group and get a few euro of the price again me and the boys enjoyed that.
I am not promoting any named bars or clubs just stating things I thought value for money.

Like others state it pays to look around for prices of food and drinks, the irish bars seem to charge more than other places, but i'd say you should look at around a thousand pound for your week.
My 21 year old has not been over to Lanzarote yet but he can normally spend over a grand on his holidays easily on his own lol.