Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: It´s that time of year again !!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:43 pm 

Hola everyone

I must be the luckiest person in the UK, I have never waited 2 wks for an appointment for my docs. I have also been treated at A&E, yes given lengthy wait but efficiently and effectively.
In saying that I will be voting to stay in as I enjoy my paid holidays, Maternity leave, low flight costs and freedom to travel were (also to work) I wish within Europe. That Is just a few of the "many" reasons I wish to remain a part of Europe.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:24 am 

It's probably best reading this article :

https://next.ft.com/content/0260242c-37 ... a9b15a8ee7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:36 am 

Well its all over bar the shouting....congrats to the winners ....sadly the losers are anyone who holidays or owns property here,,,,big falls this a.m in the value of the pound against the euro ....and now everyone who owns here faces an average 10% tax rise as they will now have to pay the level of local taxes levied on non.EU citizens....plus within the EU now you can only bring back your duty-free allowances (so 200 fags and couple of bottles for everyone)--not immediately but soon...and as to your EHIC...hope you have ( now more expensive) private insurance to cover your stay-
The turkeys have voted for christmas....lets hope it is a feast....NOT a famine.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:22 am 

SPARKYMARK

It looks like you have your wish !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:08 am 

I bought a few euros when it was about 1.40 back at the beginning of the year for my holiday in September. Might be my last holiday in Lanzarote now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:23 pm 

Really worrying thought of the week. :( .....as ¨¨Call me Dave´´ steps down and ´´Boris the buffoon´´ wiggles his way into stepping up. :? ....cant help but worry that the future of the UK could end up in the hands of a man who has yet to learn how to use a comb to comb his hair........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:24 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lanzalocal brill quote re Boris :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:40 am 

lanzalocal wrote:
Really worrying thought of the week. :( .....as ¨¨Call me Dave´´ steps down and ´´Boris the buffoon´´ wiggles his way into stepping up. :? ....cant help but worry that the future of the UK could end up in the hands of a man who has yet to learn how to use a comb to comb his hair........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks as if the Americans will be doing the same :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:07 am 

Well after all the excitement its Election Day here in Spain...gotta be honest it has all been virtually removed to an ´´addendum´´ on the news after the ´´Brexit´´ fuss.....wouldn´t be surpried to see a coalition being formed to edge out ´´Podemos´´ (who are the only party ..apart from the few local nationalists in Catalonia) who are in favour of a referendum allowing Catalonia to secede from Spain as a self governing state....and many have learned from Brexit...that it may be a dangerous road to set foot on given the problems letting the public have their say( on matters that quite honestly are above most,but not all, of their comprehension :roll: ) can and does cause :? :? :?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:45 am 

Yes brexit did win and it was MAJORITY of the country who voted us out and if we had lost we would not have spat our dummy's out of the Pram like the remain vote are doing.
Anyway I am in sunny Lanzarote at the moment and enjoying my holiday as usual and just hope that when I get back, ( hopefully no being delayed by the French traffic control again !! ) the world has not ended and long live DEMOCRACY !!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:05 pm 

Oh how can you be so wrong Sparky Mark :( ...both Farage and Johnson previously said if they lost by a 52% to 48% margin that they would campaign for a new referendum (hmmm as they say at football matches....´´its all gone quiet over there!¨¨ :shock: ),,,,so accepting democracy on their part...well that will be a resounding NO then :evil: ...unless of course it went their way :( :(
....and over 2.5 million signatures on a petition to get Parliament to reject the vote ...err thats actually more than twice the number you won by...and most will be ´´leave voters ´´ who hadn´t got a clue what they were actually voting for. :oops: ...
and now Scotland saying their Parliament will refuse to ratify a Brit Govt ( depending if anyone can actually get enough votes to rule in the forthcoming election without having to rely on pro -European MPs) decision to invoke Article 50 :wink:
---welcome to the DIS-United Kingdom :lol: :lol: :lol:
So glad I am not there to witness the complete shambles the whole thing has become....
.´´¡ VIVA ESPAÑA !´´ 8) 8)
PS the world may not have ended....but your international ´´credit score´´ most certainly HAS...you have just joined the many ´´third-world ´´ nations who can boast a ´´negative´´ international credit rating.....WELL DONE :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:50 pm 

Thank you that I now reside in the Philippines....

Shame the GREAT Britain is reduced to little England....

So sad.

I'm just wondering how my NIF number is affected and my payments into the Spanish national pension system....
I can't get answers from anyone...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:37 pm 

Hi Cymmon..
....this is my take on your last two questions.but it is by no means totally correct and is based on my interpretation of the system as it works at the moment.....NIF is a unique number...issued only once and usually valid until death...so as long as you can prove it by producing the appropriate certificate/card/ nominas or whatever then you should be OK.......but as to social security payments..it was explained to me by a ´´gestor´´ that if the period of contractualisation was less than 15 years,,,then basically in terms of a pension ...forget it :( ....that is the minimum period you have to pay in in order to get a pension ( slightly different for ´´paro´´ then it is a minimum of 2 consecutive years of contributions with an entitlement to two thirds as ´´benefit´´ for a period of not longer than 12 months...again after that ..forget it :( ....Now as i said it is a while since I paid into the system having taken ´´early retirement´´ so it may have changed slightly. Hope this helps :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:09 pm 

Must have been on another planet as I have never heard either one say that but even so the problem with the U.K. MPS and euro beuroprats is that they are not listening to the people they are supposed to represent and have their own agenda and the normal man in the street has had enough.
IF you lived in the north of England where I live you would see what effect immigration has had on our community's
And for Scotland let them have independence because they will struggle without the British as we subsidise their education and nhs ( free perscriptions and university fees etc etc which we don't get ourselves ) let them join the euro and see what a mess it gets them into.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:08 pm 

Surely any immigrant community in any country in the world initially causes some resentment ,,,,it is the failure of the ability of the community to integrate and understand the problem ...and that can only be remedied by a strong and resolved NATIONAL government for all :cry: --- not the EUs fault for trying to relieve suffering :wink: -hardly a problem for the ´displaced persons´´ after all I seriously doubt that any of them would voluntarily give up family friends and their lifestyle ( and particularly better weather) for a future in grim wet and unwelcoming UK....I mean would you ???
It is a fact of the world situation today that more and more economic migrants wish to better their situation ----and migrants displaced by war etc, really have little say other than hoping their future country will treat them and their children better than their present one :roll: :roll:---- well clearly not in the future dis-United Klngdom of course :( ...afraid the cat has been let out of the box,,,and it will take many years before it can be coaxed back in again...leading to much greater disatisfaction all round :oops: