Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: It´s that time of year again !!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:26 pm 

ive just thought of a good idea why don't we send all of these imigrants to a climate that they are used to like canarie islands and see how you intergrate them into your community but I forgot the people of the canaries don't tolerate them or so I have been told.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:43 am 

SPARKYMARK wrote:
Must have been on another planet as I have never heard either one say that but even so the problem with the U.K. MPS and euro beuroprats is that they are not listening to the people they are supposed to represent and have their own agenda and the normal man in the street has had enough.
IF you lived in the north of England where I live you would see what effect immigration has had on our community's
And for Scotland let them have independence because they will struggle without the British as we subsidise their education and nhs ( free perscriptions and university fees etc etc which we don't get ourselves ) let them join the euro and see what a mess it gets them into.

*sigh*

If this is the mentality of the average UK voter no wonder we are in the mess we are in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:45 am 

Wow pal.(Sparky Mark)...you really ought to keep your racist ,xenophobic rants on a forum where they will be appreciated....the National Front is probably your best bet...as a matter of fact the Canaries have offered to accept several hundred refugees ,,,who will be integrated and accepted into what is one of the most racially diverse communities in Spain....with any luck as your pound continues to devalue this may be your last ,affordable visit here.....gonna miss you ...NOT :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hasta la vista :D :D :roll:

Last edited by lanzalocal on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:12 pm 

Here´s a sobering thought for you SparkyMark :shock: ......chances are you are descended from ´´immigrant´´ stock´´ :( ín fact a 95% chance a recent DNA survey of the dis-UK , found that the original Briton/Celtic bloodline accounted for less than 5% of the population. :roll:
.....first the Romans came and decided that your little Britain should have some Italian and pan-european blood from their empire.
.....then the Angles,Saxons Jutes and Vikings thought it might be fun to conquer you and spread some Scandanavian and Germanic bloodlines..
.then blow me down if the French (well the Normans anyway) decided that you really were not doing all that well on your own...so conquered and introduced a French bloodline......then you managed on your own for a few centuries -....well during this time also allowing the Scots and Irish in to extend your bloodline...not bad for a country composed mainly of ´´immigrants´´.
..the Spanish tried in the 1500s but failed miserably,,,as did the French (again !) during the late 1700s to early 1800s...
.then up turned the Irish again ..driven out of their own country by famine..
...now we are in the 1900s....well you had an ´´empire´´ then so in came the various ´´commonwealth ´´immigrants to further add to the genetic mix....
..the two world wars when you took in refugees from Europe and the world fleeing tyranny and oppression...
..then came another wave of ´´Commonwealth´´ citizens as you off-loaded your empire..
so please do not consider yourself above the many generations that your country has accepted in the past...you really need to re-think your position as you are probably as much of an immigrant (genetically) as any of the ones you are disrespecting and moaning about today. :wink: :twisted: :twisted:
Sadly this exchange has made me feel ashamed to admit to being British :cry: (and I include all the above ´´immigrants´´ in that) ...and feel that History could do to be taught better in your schools and that ´´Citizenship´´ should be a compulsory subject as it is ..here in Spain ..and most of Europe too. :!:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:27 pm 

Sorry if I've hit a raw nerve but I was only passing on a conversation that I had with a local couple that live on the island (Spanish ) who said rightly or wrongly that imigrants were not accepted here
I myself am not a racist it's just that their are to many economic migrants flooding into the UK without the infrastructure or the finances to cope with them all
Happy days the sun is back out and I hope that I have kept you amused with my tongue in cheek comments.
PS has anyone seen any really cheap property's yet as I am trying to buy a holiday home over here and hopefully meet some of the local people and continue this banter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:51 pm 

SPARKYMARK wrote:
Yes brexit did win and it was MAJORITY of the country who voted us out and if we had lost we would not have spat our dummy's out of the Pram like the remain vote are doing.
Anyway I am in sunny Lanzarote at the moment and enjoying my holiday as usual and just hope that when I get back, ( hopefully no being delayed by the French traffic control again !! ) the world has not ended and long live DEMOCRACY !!!!!!

I am all for democracy and I was on the losing side but so be it.
I also am all for the truth and your post is not quite truthful.
You say the majority of the country voted us out and that is not a fact, the fact is the majority of those who bothered to vote cast a vote for leave , that is not the same as the majority of the country.
Sorry to point that out but it is an example of the selective misinformation that has been used by both sides during the campaign