Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 10:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: La Carabela 01, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:44 pm 

Hi

Has anyone stayed at villa La Carabela 01, Playa Blanca can they tell me what it is like, seen what it looks like on website but wondered if anyone had stayed there.
I tried to find it on Google maps but it does not seem to cover the road it is on, I think it is on the Montanarroja road.
Also can anyone tell me from the villa where is the nearest grocery store is or does anyone know of a store where you can order food online and get it delivered.
Also which is the best company to book a transfer from the airport to the villa.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: La Carabela 01, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:02 am 

Residencial La Carabela is on Calle Argentina, due west of the mountain, MontaƱa Roja, and at the end of Calle Suiza. As its name implies, it is a residential community, not a tourist one, but some houses are rented out. There is a row of restaurants and bars about a 5 minute walk from the villa, and a reasonable supermarket for day to day items. There is also a bus service which covers a continuous loop from end to end of Playa Blanca, with a stop near the supermarket.

I don't know the villa, since I am a resident, not a visitor, and I don't know how well it is prepared, but the la Carabela houses are well built to a high standard, with marble floors, stairs and bathrooms.

I don't know if you are familiar with Lanzarote, but Playa Blanca is at the extreme south, and Carabela is at the extreme west of Playa Blanca. There are transfer companies that others can advise on, but my view would be to hire a car from the airport. This would cost little more than the return transport and, if you wanted to explore the island, or even to go repeatedly into Playa Blanca itself, it would easily pay for itself, both in terms of money and convenience. Most hire companies here are fine, different people have their favourites, but almost everyone would advise you to stay away from Goldcar, who seem cheap, but then sting you very heavily for a compulsory tank of fuel at way over the pump price.

Post subject: Re: La Carabela 01, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:15 am 

For car hire at the airport it's hard to beat autoreisen, I've been using them for years.