Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lanzvillaowners
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:57 am 

I booked with John from Lanzvillaowners in February and during the booking stage and picking which villa we were to have, he was most helpful and every email I sent was promptly replied to and answered in full.

We need the villa into the afternoon on the day of departure, as our flight is not till 9 in the evening and he said we would have to wait and see, when the next booking was going to be going in. Which is fair enough.

I could see from the booking chart on the website, that the next people were not going in until the Monday, so I sent a few emails asking if we could have it, none were replied to.

Having never used him before I started to get a bit worried, so I text his mobile to make sure he had received the cheque for final payment and to ask if we could have the villa into the afternoon on day of departure, "yes thanks" was the reply, so Im guessing that he had received the cheque and ignored my question.

So yesterday I text him the question again and ask for the code for the key, as we only have 8 days until we go. He tells me I need to get in touch with the villa managers as only they can agree to later check out and I would have to ask them for the code too and he was going away this weekend. So I text him back and ask him how do I contact them, as there is nothing on the web site about the villa managers and...............NOTHING. I should have rung him, but by now im a bit :twisted: So I went on another website, ownersdirect and found and emailed the owner of the villa, as they had the details I needed.

So, now im all sorted out, no thanks to the unprofessional and most unhelpful Lanzvillaowners.

I WONT be using him again, which is a shame as he has a very nice villa that I wanted to book for next year. :cry:

Thanks for listening to my rant. :D

Post subject: Re: Lanzvillaowners
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:23 am 

As a cynical answer can I say that he would have got his money after the payment stage, anything after that was his own time so showed his true professionalism by totally ignoring you?

Maybe I'm just an old cynic.....?

I'll be nice til I get my cash, then stuff it after.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:39 am 

So you are saying hes justified in ignoring me as he already has his money ?

What about repeat business and recommendations ?

He actually owns one of the villas on the website that I couldnt book for this year, but would have booked for next.

Maybe hes not bothered about repeat customers then ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:24 am 

What I'm saying he's probably one of the short sighted people who give the full service until they are paid, then don't care. They don't think far enough ahead to realise by upsetting people with an unprofessional service, that person will probably not return, so therefore he has to find more customers.

If he acted in a professional manner, people would return year on year and therefore could cut down on advertising costs, saving more money.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:39 pm 

In the interests of having a balanced exchange on this (as I have only just seen it), I did have a Text exchangle with a "Paul" as his text did not include a surname and I assumed (incorrectly) it was a guest in the resort seeking a late checkout as often happens last minute and its then very difficult to rearrange cleaning schedules to accomodate, which I immediately explained. When (via a call from the owners) I realised it was a Paul who had not yet travelled and he had tracked down the said owners and gone to them and they had contacted me for advice as they had never had such a request, I explained that late checkouts are not the call of Lanzvillaowners or the owners generally as its the Villa Managers who have to be able to accomodate a later exit. Below is the actual email I sent (Promptly) when I realised he had not yet travelled and then there is a further email from me to the owners advising them of his request.

I pride myself and our group on customer service before during and after their holidays and the huge repeat business we get year after year is a testament to this - I would be happy to provide a list of regular clients for anyone seeking to verify this

Paul - I am disappointed you chose to do this via a forum and to suggest that I was anything other than professional with you throughout as the emails between us clearly show

From: John XXXXXXXXXX (Unable to post my address as site prevents it)
Sent: 20 July 2014 21:02
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (Removed in the interests of confidentiality)
Subject: Fw: Villa 27th July to 10th Aug

Paul

You will probably have guessed from our exchanges over the weekend that you caught me on the hop with your brief text- I only ever get such things when people are staying at a villa and have left it late in their holiday to ask then send a text in a panic to me (as they have my mobile from the issue of the PIN Code a few days before they travel) - The unlucky thing was I had a Paul staying in a villa and departing Sunday 20th (ie today) so my reply to you was as if it was this scenario as I could not check to see who was texting me.

You then tracked down the owners not the villa managers and the Owners called me to ask me for advice on late checkouts as they dont usually get involved in them when they do there own bookings and I confirmed likewise that this is a call for the villa managers locally - so the best advice I can give is to contact the villa managers locally in the resort early in your holiday (their details are at the villa) to see if they can schedule cleaning etc to enable a later checkout

In the meantime I attach directions etc for the villa

Regards
John

_____

This was then sent to the owners of the villa in question

Denise

I have now emailed Paul XXXXX to say he needs to speak to Julie locally about late checkout as it depends on her cleaning schedules

Here are his details

Details were then sent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:57 pm 

oh and another thing having reviewed our correspondence which was polite at all times ........

You might spot that my email to Paul is dated 20th July exaplining the process for late checkouts

Paul suggests he was sorted via the owners on the 19th when he posted this - THIS IS NOT TRUE otherwise I would not have replied as I did

I can understand Pauls frustration in not getting an agreed late checkout upfront given no one was arriving until the following day BUT Villa Managers have cleaning schedules and it is not always possible to accomodate such requests so I try to explain this and suggest that the earlier in their holiday they contact them the more likely they will get their request and you have to remember that owners sometimes change Villa Managers at short notice so such requests cannot be agreed to far in advance anyway.

I actually think on this occasion he got his late checkout from Julie, the Villa Manager (but this was a full six weeks after he chose to post this ) !!