Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Los Altos?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:26 pm 

Anyone been to Los Altos area is it feasible to walk to restaurants/supermarkets as don't want hire car?
Or would we be better considering another area?

Looking for 3/4 bed villa with private pool in August

Post subject: Re: Los Altos?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:37 am 

We have a 3 bed villa at Los Altos and we've rented to a few families without a car.( and another arriving tomorrow)
It's a realistic 10/12 minute walk downhill to the bus stop and taxi rank and it's a very pleasant downhill walk but I wouldn't recommend walking back uphill, it get's progressively steeper.
The families who've stayed with us have tended to mostly taxi back from town and it's less than 5 euros, so at least you can get in and out of town without worrying about whether you've had a drink.
Of course you can phone for a taxi to collect you from the villa to get into Playa Blanca as well, if it's too hot to walk in August.
The big cost is incurred in getting from the airport to Playa Blanca but we have arranged an economic way with the help of Karsten, who has a properly licensed travel company.
I'm not allowed to advertise our villa here to stay within the forum rules, but if you need any tips you are welcome to send me
a private message.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 pm 

thanks for that tip.

we really can't afford to be hiring taxis to get back when we go out so think we had better look at another area.

appreciate your offer re your villa, next time we visit if funds are better I'll be in touch!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:52 pm 

I would recommend Puerto del Carmen as the cost from the airport will be much cheaper and if you stay somewhere close to the front, you'll probably not need taxi's all week.
I'm sure some of the P d C folks will give you some good suggestions.
Wherever you end up, I'm sure you'll have a good time.
I know that www.luxuryvillaslanzarote.com have villas in PdC, Bob there will sort something out for you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:17 pm 

Villas in PDC tend to be a lot more expensive than their equivalent in Playa Blanca, so it's swings and roundabouts. There are villas in PB that are within walking distance of the front, Costa Papagayo and Parque del Rey for instance.