Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Marina Rubicon
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:46 am 

Hi, I am researching where to stay and we are quite interested in the Marina Rubicon area. I am just wondering what it is like in the evening for entertainment. Nothing too lively maybe bars with a singer, quiz or even a flamenco night. I have an 8 year old daughter so more about keeping her entertained really.
Also, if anybody can suggest another area of Playa Blanca that is within walking distance of bars, restaurants etc that would be great. Never been before and we have no plans to hire a car.
I would be grateful for any advice, thank you.

Post subject: Re: Marina Rubicon
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 pm 

Hi gazza if your after entertainment you won't find any at marina rubicon I stopped at princess yaiza over the Christmas period walked to the marina was a ghost town very quiet in the evenings if you do stop there it's only 15 minute playa blanca centre where you may find something to do

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:55 pm 

Hi
As stated before in other posts Playa Blanca is a very laid back resort.....with a very limited nightlife(almost completely geared toward the local Spanish or Spanish speakers)....there are a few bars with the odd singer on....as to flamenco this is not a Canarian tradition or dance maybe the odd hotel or two may put on a ´´show´´ of this type but not in Marina Rubicon which is a ´´bit up-market´´ :roll: with a jazz bar...chill -out music bar´´etc.
The town or in particular CC Papagayo does have a few Brit/Irish bars with the occassional ´´pub singer and guitar or even worse Karaoke(or as I call it ... pay to entertain yourself !!) :mrgreen: ´´type of entertainment but little to occupy your little one....however she will be welcome in all bars and restaurants as Canarians love kids and it is not unusual to see whole families out till late at night. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am 

Hi, thank you for the replies.
We have now booked our holiday ... yeehah! We opted for a villa at El Palomar which is near Club Playa Blanca Hotel. We are looking forward to the laid back feel and it is nice that children are welcomed in the bars and restaurants. Sounds perfect , thanks again