Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Matagorda area
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:07 pm 

Hi, Me and my wife have booked for the Matagorda area in May 2016 and looking at the pictures online the place looks very nice and just a bit of a walk away from the larger resort of Puerto del Carmen just around the corner. I'm guessing the weather in May should be good and we should probably be able to pick up a bit of a tan. We are staying in the Bungalows Las Gaviotas and will be eating out for most meals. I'm hoping the prices of breakfasts and dinners are reasonable and the restaurants are close by. I wonder what it's like being so close to the airport tho ? I guess i'll be able to get some good photo's of the planes landing.

Post subject: Re: Matagorda area
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:10 pm 

Matagorda is my favourite place to visit and we will be returning ourselves at the end of June. It is about 5 km (3 miles) outside Puerto Del Carmen which is well served by buses and taxis. There are lots of lovely restaurants in the commercial centre in Matagorda (just beside Las Gaviotas). My favourites are El Cuate (Mexican), Sapporo (Japanese), La Brisa and the Jazz Bistro, with prices for evening meals and breakfasts just as competitive as Puerto Del Carmen. For a special occasion, just a short walk up the promenade, there is a new restaurant on the seafront called Blue Horizon, where we enjoyed some lovely dining experiences last year. The proximity to the airport has never bothered us and there is a lovely walk/cycle from Matagorda alongside the airport and the sea which brings you to Playa Honda. In Playa Honda, there are some lovely cafes, bars and restaurants where you can enjoy refreshments while looking out to sea. Enjoy your holiday, I will be interested to know how you get on :D