Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Maxi Hogar Faulty LED PL Lamps
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:33 pm 

Hi, This is my first post but thought it only fair that islanders should be aware of faulty LED lamps being sold by Maxi Hogar at Playa Honda commercial retail park. I purchased 6 of these lamps at a total cost of 38.16 and then approx one week later purchased another additional lamp at 6.36 euros on 15th February 2016. The lamps are HomePluss 11W G24 PL 52LED. The lamps were fitted within external security light fittings c/w light sensor to bring them on when dark and time clock to always switch them off at 2300 hrs. The lamps have therefore been used approx 65 days at average 4hrs per day = 260 hrs. Four of these lamps failed a week ago and I returned them to Maxi Hogar hoping for replacements. They are expensive lamps and LED technology is supposed to last something like 30000 hrs. To be fair, I only had the receipt for the last purchase of qty 1 and that item after much discussuion was eventually replaced but as I could not find the receipt for the original purchase they would not replace them and had no sympathy what so ever. They stated that they would only replace items after 15 days of purchase as stated on their printed terms and conditions attached to their tills. So beware, and think twice before making purchase of these lamps.
Now that I have that off my chest, wish all other islanders happy experiences for the future.

Post subject: Re: Maxi Hogar Faulty LED PL Lamps
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:07 am 

While I sympathise with your problems ...to be fair ..you bought ´´cheap´´ Chinese -quality goods ( and they are cheap,,,,a similar quality item from an electrical or other store should be around the 15€ to 20€ mark each)from a Chinese store that frankly only deals in cheaper quality imported goods and they did not last .....well that is a surprise ..not......buying from these types of outlets carries an inherent risk that your purchases are unlikely to last any time at all or even function in the way they are described.....when returning faulty goods , however. you should have asked to fill in the ´´hoja de reclamaciones´´ book that they must have by law and perhaps the outcome of them denying responsibility for poor qualty merchandise would have been different....this is Spain ´´´caveat emptor´´(buyer beware) always applies here
Once again sorry to hear this but maybe a lesson learned :?
PS Under Spanish law electrical items carry a two year guarantee despite what the retailer claims on their receipts or shown on their tills etc...that is why the ´´hoja de reclamaciones´´ system exists