Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Meeting other ex pats
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:55 pm 

I just came to live in lanzarote a few weeks ago on my own. I have a job but the people I work with are settled with thier own lives. Can anyone recommend things to do or places to go to meet fellow ex pats? I'm 34 so younger people would be ideal but not essential.m

Post subject: Re: Meeting other ex pats
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:47 pm 

Hi
What áreas are you looking in ???you don´t say in your post as to whereabouts you are.......most Brits seem to exist in popular Brit/Irish pubs so that may be your best bet to meet others initially.....or try a group such as language exchanges/am dram /animal welfare/walking groups......perhaps others can suggest some......welcome to Lanzarote by the way.....hope it lives up to your expectations.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:53 pm 

Approach ex-pat bars with caution. They can be a hotbed of gossip and rumour.

Not all of them, obviously, but just something to be aware of.

Lanzalocal's suggestions on language exchanges, walking groups, and the like would probably attract a more rounded bunch of ex-pats. Possibly less prone to drinking and more prone to the outdoor life too.

Good luck anyway :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:28 pm 

I'm a member of a walking group. It's informal, free and mainly British/Irish, mostly older than you, but a fair range. It's not too strenuous or serious, and is a fantastic way to meet new people from all round the island, and to network. Our next walk is Sunday at 1000. We walk for a couple of hours then have a drink and tapas somewhere or other. Transport isn't normally a problem. If you'd like to know more , drop me a pm.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:36 am 

Thanks for your advice all. I live in puerto del carmen at the moment but I have a car so can get to most places on the island. Can't really do stuff in the day time as I work so was looking for evening stuff really.