Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Motorbike Hire
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:18 pm 

We are having our first holiday in Lanzarote in May. We have always had small motorbikes as our preferred transport in India, Thailand, Greece and Bal. I therefore looked on line at the motorbike hire companies only to discover that it costs twice the price of a VW Polo to rent a 125 step-through ...why ? Can anybody recommend a reasonable bike firm as I don't want to spend my holiday exploring the island in a car. My wife and I both have full car licences, and I also have a full bike one. Help, Steve

Post subject: Re: Motorbike Hire
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 pm 

I must admit I can't ever remember seeing a rental motorbike. I don't think the demand is there - its not like in greece where everyone is zipping around on rental bikes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:13 pm 

Hi
There are a few (and I mean few) motorcycle hire shops......although this depends on which resort you are staying in,which you haven´t mentioned.....for most people though a car is much cheaper to hire than a motorbike here.....probably to do with the fact bikes are not really popular unless they are Harleys or other big -engined jobs ....and they have to be imported from other islands or the mainland as there are only one or two actual motorbike dealers on Lanzarote.Oops sorry see you are in Costa Teg.....suggest Blue Sea Rentals or Direct Car Rentals as they both do bikes,expect to pay in excess of 35€ per day....that is nearly twice the cost of a car if not more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:03 am 

I've hired scooters in Lanzarote, and yes, you'll pay more than for a car. I'd avoid the 50cc bikes, but I had an excellent 125cc scooter from a m/c hire shop in Matagorda (Volcanbikers). They'll do better rates if you hire for a few days, and have larger bikes too.

If you don't mind paying the extra, Lanzarote by scooter is, IMHO, the way to do it. Park anywhere, and stop at your leisure to take photos.

Attachment:
Lanz scooter shot 3.jpg
Lanz scooter shot 3.jpg [ 67.94 KiB | Viewed 1871 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:52 pm 

The best way is to just take your own bike like I did at Christmas :)

More pics here

http://s305.photobucket.com/user/Yorick ... t=2&page=1

and here

http://s305.photobucket.com/user/Yorick ... t=2&page=1