Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NEED A JOB ASAP!! HARD WORKING FEMALE NEEDS HELP!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm 

Hi there i am looking for any Managerial type work,Entertainments i can also sing and run a team and have done this for 16yrs!I can work in a bar,hotel i also do the new shellac nails i have many careers under my belt but just need the opportunity of a job offer! I am a team player and a hard worker my time keeping is second to none and you will never be let down! I have a C.V if requested and references if need!! I can promise you this if you hire me you wont regret it. Fingers crossed anyone who is interested please get in touch, cant wait to hear from you all !!
Caroline :D

Post subject: Re: NEED A JOB ASAP!! HARD WORKING FEMALE NEEDS HELP!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:03 am 

Hi
Whilst I wish you good luck in your search.....I fear the phrase´´snowballs chance in hell´´comes to mind.
you are in the UK(several thousand kilometres away)looking for a job on an island with 36% UNEMPLOYMENT !!!..(to put this in perspective every 3rd person you pass has no job...little chance of finding one....NO BENEFITS whatsoever.....and they are on the spot so to speak)
Surely you must understand that any of the thousands of hard-working (child and family supporting)women here are going to snap up ANY work that is available before giving it out to newbies.
Also under new rules you cannot live here without sufficient financial support and private medical insurance without these .....no residencia......no residencia=no legal work.
I am sorry if you feel I am being harsh......but then you try living here without work or prospects.....its not a pretty sight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:39 pm 

good luck job hunting just ignore this misery guts!!!!! :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:04 pm 

She can choose to ignore sensible advice if she wants clappit.......but I live here, bars round me have laid off more than 5 staff in the last few months.......plus since April I have said goodbye to over 12 friends/acquaintances who through no fault of their own are unable to find work here and have had to return to the UK......in one case with just the clothes they stood up in.
By all means come and try to be the one lucky person who finds a job with a contract and access to medical care....or you could be one of the hundreds who work illegally for a few days/weeks....don´t get paid or just get told we don´t need you anymore......and then see them struggle to try to get back to the UK.
This is the reality in Lanzarote........leave the rose tinted specs at home.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:04 pm 

Erm and ignore reality too clappit......

If you were an employer would you go for someone who lived locally, spoke the language and was available immediately or would you take a punt on a foreigner 3000 miles away who you'd never met....... hmmmmm
Not being harsh rowse but the UK economy is boom time compared to Spain.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:20 pm 

Quote:
Forum: Costa Teguise Topic: What is the night life in Costa Teguise like ??

rowse32
Post subject: Re: What is the night life in Costa Teguise like ??
Posted: 17 Jun 2008 18:50

Replies: 5
Views: 1410

Hi there

I live in Costa Teg also there are a few clubs as in Saxos which is a Karaoke disco bar open til 3am.There is Coyotes nightclub open til about 6am has foam parties on fridays!Dreams late bar til 7 or even 8 yes i have rolled out of there a few times but yes you just have to look about!

Rowse32, it REALLY is as bad as stated. Lanzalocal and foodie (OH my god, I agree with foodie!!! :wink: ), the Island is in a bad way.

It needs tourists to boost the economy, more tourists = more jobs, but things are not right at the moment.

I lived there for 2 years (you seemed to have lived there too) and a couple of things made me move away. My father was very ill, which came at a good time (if ever it can be described as that), work even then was hard to come by, fluent spanish helped, but pure knowledge of english only was a hinderence.

I returned to the UK and have now settled to a new life in the Philippines, less costs, €120 per month living costs, houses bought. I would love to return to Lanza, I hate not working but it is not a good time.

Even though I am returning for a holiday 10 days in November. I am not even thinking of a return to Lanza until things settle, maybe 3-4 years, but it will be back to what it was (without the corruption and political posturing!).

Lanzarote is a fantastic if not perfect holiday Island, not so much so for the ex-pats trying against the odds to keep their businesses afloat. I salute them all and wish them well.

Motto:

Always look forward, you CAN make your destiny, NEVER look back, that can never be changed.

Motto 2:

Live to the limit but listen to your heart, when it stops you're dead. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 am 

I would love to be able to move to lanzarote but due to the need to work I know that it's not possible. If I win the lottery on the other hand...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:20 am 

Good decision, Mabel. There's always the pools, premium bonds or an inheritance too :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:07 pm 

Murder could work too, with good insurance and no witnesses. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:32 pm 

Thanks guys. Slight problem, my dad is spending my inheritance living in mainland Spain and my husband isn't insured so not worth the murder thing :D