Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 1:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Forum Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 am 

Hello All

I am knew to this forum and just like to say hello to all members. I am from Wales UK and looking to purchase a 4 bed villa in Los Mojones Puerto Del Carmen. My wife and I already own a villa in Florida but have now decided to sell up and have a holiday home a bit closer to home and Lanzarote fits the bill. Looking at previous threads I know I can gain a lot useful information.

Kind regards to all

Andrew

Post subject: Re: New Forum Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:07 pm 

Yes, and forgive my french, lots of sugar about your chances too.
As a previous foreign owner you will know the pitfalls and good points of the American market, now you are in a pitfall zone. How many times have you been to Spain, do you know the local regulations, the bill paying areas?

I visited Lanza for 20 years, lived there for 2, learnt so much more whilst there, also who to trust. Sometimes the ex-pats are not so helpful, sometimes they are. Be careful.

I'm currently in the Philippines but visit regularly Lanzarote, good luck in your search.

PM me for any info you need.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:49 am 

Hello Cymmon

I will be doing my homework just as I did in the states as I suspect there have been buyers who have bought property with there eyes shut so to speak and end up with all sorts of problems.
Have been to Lanzarote a few times just for holiday but will now be making a number of fact finding visists and read up as much as possible then hopefully come to what I consider to be the right decision in buying a property with my eyes fully open (well thats the plan). Will take up your offer of PM's for additional help - thanks

Take care

Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:50 am 

See there you go welshfirefighter you only just joined and the vultures are already circling(re a
previous post which has now been removed)As regards buying here trust no one donĀ“t believe anything till you have seen it with your own eyes and ALWAYS use an independent lawyer of your own choice !

Last edited by lanzalocal on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:34 am 

The vulture has stopped circling

Quote:
consider the following.....at the moment Spain has an unemployment rate of 25% of which more than 50% of these are aged under 25.

Quote:
As there is no social security safety net here if it were me at the moment I would not even consider relocating without sufficient funds to cover at least 3 months without work .Sorry to be so negative but its a fact of life here.

from Lanzalocal , this is a truthful answer.

As I now reside in the Philippines and have no assets on the Island of Lanzarote. It is purely experience I am offering.

All I was trying to do was to give the up on open eyed approach's to a move to lanzarote. Some Brits/ex-pats on the Island ARE untrustworthy, as they are all over the world. As for the use of a reputable lawyer, YES, I agree wholeheartedly, look for personal recommendations and when a name pops up a few times then you should be alot safer.

Good luck Welshfirefighter on your project. Not everyone is a vulture.

PS: I have edited this post to cover that I did not see the deleted post and took offence to something that was not directed at myself.

Thank you for the corrections.

Last edited by cymmon on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:11 am 

Hi Cymmon

The vulture referred to was another answer which has subsequently been removed. It was posted by a first timer but one that was trying to flog their wares/services :roll: . You weren't actually the one that was being insulted; sure that everyone on here knows you have no hidden agendas and are always helpful when possible. :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 am 

Hi Cymmon
No way was that intended for you but a poster who has subsequently removed their post,I have often read your posts on here and feel they are most illuminating and very helpful.Sorry you appear to have taken offence you were not the intended target,I have edited the earlier post to reflect this.like you having lived here for over 5 years I try to give unbiased but sensible advice to those who seek it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:02 am 

Hi, thank you for the replies.
Obviously being in the Philippines I miss some of the "rogue" texts that come on here so I also take back any inferred attack.

Lanzalocal, I quoted your phrases for the reason that life on Lanza IS very difficult at the moment and that a wide open eye approach is definately required unless you want to join (unfortunately) many others that have left the Island after big idea's.

No offence has been taken , maybe this site could provide a name, then post deleted part on each subject question. Then people will know a post has been deleted, who did it and (possibly) the reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 pm 

Make what you want of the island some are more fortunate than others if you like here and have fond memories and are willing to fly over for fact finding plus house hunting then your doing all the right moves, we have a place there and we are back and for, just recently there is an increase in job hunters but does that really bother you and your lifestyle.

Good luck with your house hunting, there are plenty to choose from and I'm sure there's one with your name on it. Prices are good and not over inflated the euro is good so take advantage.

Enjoy