Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 2:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for Best Restaurant Poll
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:03 pm 

"I'd agree partially with Phil and also with the admin....people seem to be plugging good solid middle of the road places and not sure if a head blowing curry is quite what was intended with respect!!"

Fair do's Foodie, just giving an opinion on the sort of stuff me and the family go for. As far as I'm concerned PDC is a place with loads of good restaurants - difficult for me to pick out a 'top quality' place.

Cheers for the info Richt

YM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:47 pm 

I have to say the best restaurant I ate in was just down from the 'Bus Stop' bar in old PDC Bodigo's (incorrect spelling, sorry). Only to Lanzarote twice but ate in it 6 times! My partner's birthday and they made a great fuss of him.... but the food was excellent ... always. The owner comes in and casts a wise eye over the restaurant and has a good working relationship with his staff, which has not changed over the years!!! :D

In my opinion it takes a lot to make a good restaurant, the toilets were spotless, internet access, great for teenage kids!

Not sure if its middle of the road but when I'm paying I think its worth it! Top Class and hats off to the staff and management.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm 

foodie wrote:

Best on the island - Bodega in Uga has never failed to amaze me - price can get a bit scary though - 300E for 4 of us last time.

so its overexpensive which is an important measure, the owners must be laughing their whatsits off as they hand you la cuenta, I dont mind paying a few quid where its justified but not when they're taking the mick - unless of course you're just a gluttenous lot and ate loads.

Ole
ps, ok let me qualify that - ok the food might be awesome, but the 'restaurant experience' includes price, so if the price is wrong so is the restaurant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:12 am 

think ole is bang on there foodie.even though i bet it was very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:07 pm 

We have walked past this tinny little Restaurant for 3 Christmas's, always said we would try it and never did until last year on new years eve. The staff were second to none for politness and service, extreamly clean and and the food was outstanding a mix of Irish / Polish, really do regret not going in before then but we will be going in once or twice this year, especialy new year. You have got to try the Meat Balls WOW.

The Restaurant in queation is.
BODECOS

In the old tow of PDC.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:23 pm 

The restaurant I'm refering to has a meat counter outside and they cook the meat beside that kinda like a bbq... delicious.

Fi Fi Doll

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:45 pm 

fi fi doll wrote:
The restaurant I'm refering to has a meat counter outside and they cook the meat beside that kinda like a bbq... delicious.

Fi Fi Doll

Hi Fi Fi Doll

I think you mean La Cascada? I'm not sure about the names of the places I like. There is one that we love, it is certainly my favourite but it is very much a luxury. It has hams hanging from the bar and I think it is called La Bodega. On the hill in the Old Town. The food is amazing and the service is excellent.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'm making a list of new places to try when we go back in just over a week.
Jayne.x.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:59 am 

oleoleole wrote:
foodie wrote:

Best on the island - Bodega in Uga has never failed to amaze me - price can get a bit scary though - 300E for 4 of us last time.

so its overexpensive which is an important measure, the owners must be laughing their whatsits off as they hand you la cuenta, I dont mind paying a few quid where its justified but not when they're taking the mick - unless of course you're just a gluttenous lot and ate loads.

Ole
ps, ok let me qualify that - ok the food might be awesome, but the 'restaurant experience' includes price, so if the price is wrong so is the restaurant

Ole - I wasn't clear - it was worth every penny. Yes it is expensive - but not overexpensive not by a long shot.

And as with most restaurants its the wine that bumps the price up.

I certainly wouldn't be going there more than once on a holiday - In fact we didn't go last time as it wasn't worth the hassle trying to book a taxi with a child seat but it is normally the main attraction!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:44 am 

Puerto Bahai in PDC and Sebastyan's at Natura Beach in Playa Blanca

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:26 pm 

There is one that we love, it is certainly my favourite but it is very much a luxury. It has hams hanging from the bar and I think it is called La Bodega. On the hill in the Old Town. The food is amazing and the service is excellent.

That's it Jayne!! Thanks for your reply, hope you have a great time away from all this snow!!

Fi Fi Doll

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:28 pm 

Sorry that last message was a copy of what Jayne said and a reply to you Jayne.

Fi Fi Doll

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:48 pm 

btw Foodie, how are you managing now with the little one ? finding it ok to get nappies in pb ? and what about the right milk formula, right medicines etc, and what are your fallbacks for emergencies - sure it's all covered actually but maybe you now understand the concerns of others who have gone before you without your local knowledge. :wink:
And - 7-1 was not because utd were good, Rovers were dreadful, rather proved that losing 4-0 at west ham midweek. :?
Ole

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:35 am 

I would like to nominate Amura in Peurto Calero, not the best in terms of value for money, but certainly in standard of food and service. An alternative would be Puerto Bahia in PDC Harbour, cheaper than Amura but never fails to provide good food and service in my experience over the last 8 years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:17 am 

"And - 7-1 was not because utd were good, Rovers were dreadful, rather proved that losing 4-0 at west ham midweek"

I actually thought we played very well in the 7-1, although Rovers were poor.
As for the West Ham game, the fact that we made ELEVEN changes for the game says it all, West Ham played great (against a poor United reserve side!")

Back to the thread.........although I've not been there's a new French restaurant on The Strip that looks very classy called "Lanz". Reviews and web page are great. Will check out and report back next month.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 pm 

The best restaurant for me is the one under the Old Mill in PB....never fails to deliver wonderful food and excellent service. :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next