Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Nominations for Best Restaurant Poll
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:48 pm 

If you are looking for some of the best restaurants on the island have a look at the new published Lanzarote Plus book. They not only list for high quality (but they have some of the best in there as La Tegala, Cabaña, Cañada, Mirador) but also for special locations (Bogavante, Chupadero). Really interesting articles and good advice. Additionally you will also find recomendations for excursions and other intersting visits on the island. I like it, but as with restaurants, everybody likes sth different. Give it a try or a free read at www.lanzaroteplus.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 pm 

liveseylatics wrote:
fi fi doll wrote:
The restaurant I'm refering to has a meat counter outside and they cook the meat beside that kinda like a bbq... delicious.

Fi Fi Doll

Hi Fi Fi Doll

I think you mean La Cascada? I'm not sure about the names of the places I like. There is one that we love, it is certainly my favourite but it is very much a luxury. It has hams hanging from the bar and I think it is called La Bodega. On the hill in the Old Town. The food is amazing and the service is excellent.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'm making a list of new places to try when we go back in just over a week.
Jayne.x.

Hi Jayne, this La Bodega your on about, is it next door to the one with the meat on display and you walk down some steps to the bar, we have walked past and always said we would like to try it but its always very busy and no tables.. you can see the hams as you walk past.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 pm 

derbypub wrote:
liveseylatics wrote:
fi fi doll wrote:
The restaurant I'm refering to has a meat counter outside and they cook the meat beside that kinda like a bbq... delicious.

Fi Fi Doll

Hi Fi Fi Doll

I think you mean La Cascada? I'm not sure about the names of the places I like. There is one that we love, it is certainly my favourite but it is very much a luxury. It has hams hanging from the bar and I think it is called La Bodega. On the hill in the Old Town. The food is amazing and the service is excellent.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'm making a list of new places to try when we go back in just over a week.
Jayne.x.

Hi Jayne, this La Bodega your on about, is it next door to the one with the meat on display and you walk down some steps to the bar, we have walked past and always said we would like to try it but its always very busy and no tables.. you can see the hams as you walk past.

Hello,

Yes that sounds very much like the one. I've had food in there that I haven't found elsewhere and also the quality of the tapas is better there than anything else I've found so far. Sean and I took our mum's there for mother's day earlier this year and we were there again for his birthday. I expect we'll be there on NYE too. It's a strange shape place, a couple of smaller rooms and a bigger restaurant at the back. We were usually wait at the bar and have a drink whilst waiting for a table. I noticed it was busy with local people too last time.
Benito's is another favourite but the food at this place is fabulous.
Jayne.x.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:05 pm 

fi fi doll wrote:
There is one that we love, it is certainly my favourite but it is very much a luxury. It has hams hanging from the bar and I think it is called La Bodega. On the hill in the Old Town. The food is amazing and the service is excellent.

That's it Jayne!! Thanks for your reply, hope you have a great time away from all this snow!!

Fi Fi Doll

Hello Fi Fi Doll

Thanks - I'm very much looking forward to it now. All this talk of restaurants has got me excited. :D
Jayne.x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:11 pm 

liveseylatics wrote:
fi fi doll wrote:
There is one that we love, it is certainly my favourite but it is very much a luxury. It has hams hanging from the bar and I think it is called La Bodega. On the hill in the Old Town. The food is amazing and the service is excellent.

That's it Jayne!! Thanks for your reply, hope you have a great time away from all this snow!!

Fi Fi Doll

Hello Fi Fi Doll

Thanks - I'm very much looking forward to it now. All this talk of restaurants has got me excited. :D
Jayne.x

Getting me excited as well, and hungry. Thanks for the info on that Jane, we will be trying it defo. Maybe the 23rd when we get there. Going to Bodeco's for new year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

<bump>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:36 pm 

Jazz Bistro - Matagorda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:50 pm 

Hi,

Where is Jazz Bistro?

Thanks
Jayne.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:08 am 

http://www.discoverlanzarote.com/jazz-bistro.asp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:39 pm 

Many thanks, it's on my list! :-)

Jayne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:44 pm 

Favourite restaurant is in PLAYA BLANCA - Casa Pedro's - superb fresh local fish !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:32 pm 

EL NAVARRO near santa rosa apartments in costa teguise
MONMARTE los molinos costa teguise
OSCARS las coronas costateguise
all fab food,sevice and atmosphere

further afield, ICARUS in teguise town and LAGOMAR in nazaret.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:06 am 

I have three favourites that I would like to nominate:

Icarus - The old capital Teguise: Great food, great service and an interesting interior

Amura - Puerto Calero: Great setting with a very good wine list comprehensive and sensibly priced and a small but good balanced menu with great fish and super meat dishes.

La Portena - Puerto Calero: If you like steak then this is the place to go, I had the Asado de Tira which is excellent and melts in your mouth! sit outside on the terrace if you can, its relaxing and the service was very good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:24 pm 

nica wrote:
Favourite restaurant is in PLAYA BLANCA - Casa Pedro's - superb fresh local fish !

Hi,
Yes, we tried Casa Pedro's on a day trip to PB and it was very good, very busy but very good indeed. I've just lost count of how many restaurants I've eaten in during the last month, La Bodega is still way ahead of the rest but a new favourite is Davinci's in PDC, really friendly staff and excellent food. I will definately go there again.

Jayne.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3