Home | Contact | Lanzarote Forum | Lanzarote Events Guide | Photo Gallery | Advertise your Business
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Nominations for Best Restaurant Poll
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

We are going to add a "Best Restaurant in Lanzarote" Poll and would like to invite everyone to nominate what they think is the best restaurant on the island.
We are looking for high-end restaurant suggestions where both the food and service is excellent.
This is not a best-value-for-money restaurant poll - we can do a poll like that later along with a best tapas poll.

Post subject: Re: Nominations for Best Restaurant Poll
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:49 pm 

Hi Administrator,

Would like to nominate Antica Trattoria in Puerto del Carmen.
Have dined there many times and am always impressed with the quality of the food,the expertise and friendliness of the staff and the ambience of the place ,no matter what time of the day you are there.

You will be hard placed to find a better eating experience.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:39 pm 

Dear Administrator

There are several that come to mind but I would like to put forward these:

- La Bocaina in Playa Blanca
- Casa Roja in Puerto del Carmen
- Fazzs in Puerto Calero
- Navarro in Costa Teguise

Many Thanks
Phil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:41 pm 

About 10 years ago we went to the Casa Blanca in CT. Very nice. Not sure what it's like nowadays.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:51 pm 

Hi administrator,
There is no such thing as a really good restaurant in Lanzarote,there are plenty of good average restaurants though. One of our favourites is Puerto Viejo in the old town of PDC.Good average food ,good service and good value for money. The Antica Trattoria is about average for an italian style restaurant but a little bit up it's own bottom,very expensive for a pizza and well suited to mr and mrs miggins from bradford ( or frank and pearl ! )
:D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:30 pm 

Hi,

Out of the bunch of average, there is one on the waterfront in Puerto Calero: "Taberna something", I cant remember (getting old), - that stands out when it comes to quality of food.

Usually at lunchtime crowded with Spanish/locals which is a good sign in itself. To be recommended....

Then "El Bogavante" in El Golfo should be on the list. The Native chef been educated in the US, - has taken this restaurant to another level when it comes to seafood....

And in all fairness "Casa Pedro" in PB itself should be on this list too in my opinion.....

:D

"The more I learn the less I know...."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:46 am 

Emma's Cantina is the best, no question in my opinion
La Dolce Vita is also very good and if you are just looking for pizza, then you really can't beat Pinnochios

Puerto Viejo has always been hit and miss for us, sometimes quite nice, others quite poor, haven't been in there the last few visits and are not in a hurry to return either

Happy Holidays
Danny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:01 am 

Personally, I'd got for Bodeco's in the old town of PDC. A mix of home Polish/Irish home cooking, friendly owners and staff, plus the prices are very reasonable.

We're booked into Emma's Catina for 2 January 2011, after reading the reviews this might well jump to the top by then.........

We love a nice curry, I'd go for Jewel of India in CC (think its called) as my best restaurant of this type. Proper Indian chef and a phal that blows your head off.

Great thread.
YM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:21 am 
Site Admin

I think that some people are missing the point about the type of restaurant that we are looking for for this category.
This is for the top-end category, I am thinking of places like the Nippon in PDC, La Tegala, Bodega de Uga, Quintin's, Aguaviva, La Cañada, La Bocaina, Arena in Los Mojones, La Cabaña in Macher, Mesón La Jordana etc.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:59 pm 

I'd agree partially with Phil and also with the admin....people seem to be plugging good solid middle of the road places and not sure if a head blowing curry is quite what was intended with respect!!

For me Pedros in Playa Blanca stands out a mile, the fish is fantastic, the decor, the location all just a step above the rest. Shame about the old school surly spanish waiters but can't have everything.

Best on the island - Bodega in Uga has never failed to amaze me - price can get a bit scary though - 300E for 4 of us last time.

There's a place in Quemada that looks really good too - on the list for next time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:50 pm 

I think most of us on the forum are a bit lost with restaurants outside of the main resorts.
Allowing for that I'd suggest La Cascada Puerto and Nouveau in PDC, plus the Gran Hotel in Arrecife where the views are stunning into the bargain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:58 am 

administrator wrote:
I think that some people are missing the point about the type of restaurant that we are looking for for this category.
This is for the top-end category, I am thinking of places like the Nippon in PDC, La Tegala, Bodega de Uga, Quintin's, Aguaviva, La Cañada, La Bocaina, Arena in Los Mojones, La Cabaña in Macher, Mesón La Jordana etc.

We used La Canada in PDC a few years back. Not really impressed, though the prices were 'over the top' I would say.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:21 pm 

Young Mostonians wrote:
Personally, I'd got for Bodeco's in the old town of PDC. A mix of home Polish/Irish home cooking, friendly owners and staff, plus the prices are very reasonable.

We're booked into Emma's Catina for 2 January 2011, after reading the reviews this might well jump to the top by then.........

We love a nice curry, I'd go for Jewel of India in CC (think its called) as my best restaurant of this type. Proper Indian chef and a phal that blows your head off.

Great thread.
YM

Jewel of India is no more I'm afraid. Was turned into a disco bar and now an Irish bar.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:23 pm 

The only top end restaurant I'd eaten in on the island is Arena. Cracking restuarant if you are willing to pay a bit extra.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:26 pm 

Hi Guys,

My nomination is

La Bocaina in Playa Blanca, situated just down from the filling station.

Delicious Food, spectacular menu with so many mouthwatering dishes you will struggle to chose which makes it a cert for many return visits.

La Bocaina - Top Class

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next